Travel advice needed for Nong Khai

I will attend my sons engagement in April and need to know what is acceptable clothing for a middle aged (haha) woman in Thailand. This is my first visit to Asia and I don't want to make the wrong impression. I'm used to wearing shorts here in Texas.
I also would like to find out if I should bring gifts for the in-laws and what that should be.

I also need advice on purchasing a airline ticket from Bangkok to  Austin, Tx, roundtrip.  Are there Thai travel agencies with online booking?

Thanks for any information.

Try Airasia.com for cheap flight deals.
As for the clothing, unless you dont enter a Temple with shorts and cleavage, its fine.  :)

Try Expedia.com it will give u best rates frim many airlines

I have lived in NK for 7 years,Thailand for 13.My recommendation is that you come with very little clothing.Shorts and blouses are fine for casual wear as tourists.When you get here,you can buy ,very cheaply,lightweight clothing,more appropriate for ''special''occasions!Don't bring any fancy dress up formal type wear at all.Don't get a suntan either.Sandals are the best footwear,as you will be constantly sliding off your foot wearEverything is very laid back here,be prepared for a lot of sitting and kneeling on the floor!

You will probably be expected to contribute to the party,either with money or beer/whiskey,so no family gifts are necessary,except money in an envelope or tied around the couple's wrists!
When you get here,you can buy cookies/candy for the children,if you like.
The more you buy the family,the more you will be expected or asked of you.
The only impression that you want to make is polite,respectful and smiling.Bad impressions are made by not respecting culture,spending to easily or flashy (will set you up for more demands and expectations,then and in the future)or acting in a confrontational manner(face is most important here,do not criticise anything or anyone)!
Don't worry and don't be a sucker!