Hi, I am new here

Hi, I am new here, I want to teach in Nepal and do not mind about the pay but I do need to go in and out to do the visa, and pay housing and food, or have the school help me.

I am very experienced, older, a woman, a Buddhist or more realistically studying Buddhism though I do not talk about that at work, it would mean a lot to me to see all the beauty of Nepal, its nature, its religions.

I have TESOL and have 10 years experience in Asia, and have taught SAT IELTS Jolly Phonics Cambridge Levels etc.  I am a woman and married, but my husband is minding his parents for half a year, so I thought this would be a good time to go to Nepal, and just saw all these interesting posts.

ariellagabriel at yahoo.com

PS.  I like to have friends too and will help new friends for free, with English writing, lessons, etc, because if I had more money I would teach as well at a monastery.  I would like to go to Nepal for maybe half a year, and need to go in and out for the visa renewal, I think.

Though if things go well, I would stay longer, as my husband would later join me.

Hi Ariella,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new topic with your post on the Nepal forum :)

You can post an ad in the Language classes in Nepal or in the Clubs, associations, volunteers in Nepal section please

I'm sure you will soon get a reply to your post :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

HI Ariella

I can give you teaching job so please reply me back

Hello nepsyxeno1 -> Could you please post your offer in the Jobs in Nepal section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello my friend
I can help you my side. i am working here my self business so u can contact me.

thank  You

Hello,

there are many language institutes in Kathmandu and some in Pokhara as well. Some do pay language classes, some do not. If you come with a tourist visa you may stay up to five months per year. Leaving the country for a short time and just coming back is therefore not possible. Housing in Kathmandu is quite costly, its cheaper in Pokhara. The costs for daily living are similar. Kathmandu nowadays is heavily polluted, the traffic jam is awful. I am living in Nepal since many years, in Pokhara since some months only, enjoying fresh air and beautiful landscape.
Regards

Teaching jobs for English are not very plentiful here anymore due to many volunteers coming and even paying to do work for free. Also, the pay is not very good, even by Asian standards. But it is very beautiful here and Nepal is ready for development.

Many tourists get in trouble for visa issues for working without the proper visa. Be very careful about that because you could get deported with that stamped on your passport. This makes traveling very difficult because all the police and immigration in the next country you go to will see it and make trouble for you. Nepali will never tell you this, because if you are in such a position you will be unable to complain about them even if they don't pay you.

This society/culture is difficult to navigate. I blog about Nepal and have many tips there on coming here because I found it so unique when I arrived a few years ago, FrugalTravelsNepal.blogspot.com. I also started writing about Nepal so tourists can come here and have a better time  and it ended up being a book of almost 300 pages. Check out that website at UnconventionalTourist.com There is a lot of information there to help you even if you don't want the book.

I hope you get to come here. It is so beautiful.