Shopping Online: For a guitar!

lostsouls wrote:

P bass & Jazz bass are the mother of all basses. Any genres can be played with those.

Amen to that

xpression wrote:

Well, I thought I was on the wrong thread for a moment - thanks for keeping it on topic. lol

Anyway, any known guitar brand would've been fine. But as I'm on a budget, I'm looking for the cheap stuff at the moment. Quite a few stores carry Fenders here, actually. Some Ibanez too. But Fender is a bit out of my budget so I was looking at Squier - one store has a pretty decent selection, even though it's still a bit expensive, and not as cheap as I wanted to, but oh well, there goes my budget :) No luck with used guitars, which would've been perfect

:lol:
Hope you get the bass... Guitar.... From sifu Lostsoul advice or else.

:):):)

ngaunhien wrote:
xpression wrote:

Well, I thought I was on the wrong thread for a moment - thanks for keeping it on topic. lol

Anyway, any known guitar brand would've been fine. But as I'm on a budget, I'm looking for the cheap stuff at the moment. Quite a few stores carry Fenders here, actually. Some Ibanez too. But Fender is a bit out of my budget so I was looking at Squier - one store has a pretty decent selection, even though it's still a bit expensive, and not as cheap as I wanted to, but oh well, there goes my budget :) No luck with used guitars, which would've been perfect

Im not familiar with guitar shops in VN.

Thread starter might be more experienced than me....:D:D

lostsouls wrote:
ngaunhien wrote:
xpression wrote:

Im not familiar with guitar shops in VN.

Thread starter might be more experienced than me....:D:D

:D.

Hi
Probably not the best idea to bring in as import tax and bribe money is aparently common.
I just purshaced a drumkit from a yamaha dealer in hmc all done via emails and bank transfer it was delivered to my in nha trang with no problem maybe i can give you their contact details . they may have secondhand or could put you on the right track

Hey aust1979, sounds great. sure, would definitely appreciate it if u could share their contact with me - you could PM me? thanks!

Hi ,
the business name is hoaquang music company.   web site yamahahoaquang.com.vn

the bloke i dealt with name is Mr Vu Thang...... email  [email protected]@hcm.vnn.vn
phone no 08 38207437

He was very helpful to me and service honest ,, send him an e- mail mentioning the australian that brought the electric kit, Im sure he might be able to help you :D!

Good luck

oh :D
I am a fan of metal and I prefer agressive guitar shape, haha :))

One of the best bass players I know (blues, soul, funk, rock) has a Squier P-Bass ($200) and has replaced the bridge with a hip shot bridge ($90). He plays with quality flatwound strings, and may have also upgraded the pickup, but it has a nice sound. He just uses it as a practice bass (his main axe is a Carvin), but it sounds just as good as my Fender P-Bass.
...actually, it might sound a little better when he is the one playing instad of me.:/

aust1979 wrote:

Hi ,
the business name is hoaquang music company.   web site yamahahoaquang.com.vn

the bloke i dealt with name is Mr Vu Thang...... email  [email protected]@hcm.vnn.vn
phone no 08 38207437

He was very helpful to me and service honest ,, send him an e- mail mentioning the australian that brought the electric kit, Im sure he might be able to help you :D!

Good luck

Thanks! Will send out an email n hope I get something out of it! :)

badbadbad wrote:

oh :D
I am a fan of metal and I prefer agressive guitar shape, haha :))

Haha, well, each to their own! For me, shape doesn't matter - just the sound! I'm a huge metal fan too, and Steve Harris of Iron Maiden (the greatest metal band ever, if you ask me) uses a P bass with flatwounds, so it just goes to show how versatile these things are!

jakejas wrote:

One of the best bass players I know (blues, soul, funk, rock) has a Squier P-Bass ($200) and has replaced the bridge with a hip shot bridge ($90). He plays with quality flatwound strings, and may have also upgraded the pickup, but it has a nice sound. He just uses it as a practice bass (his main axe is a Carvin), but it sounds just as good as my Fender P-Bass.
...actually, it might sound a little better when he is the one playing instad of me.:/

If he's selling his Squire let me know!

manjit12 wrote:

Online shopping has really taken off in the last decade or so.

Thanks for the spam, Captain Obvious.