Freshly came to Riyadh

Hello to all!
We are a group of four italian guys came to live in Riyadh...we are looking for some other guys to have fun time together and to find something fun to do..
We really wish to make a new good living here and we are looking for some advice regarding things to do and new people to meet

In exchange we can share our cooking art with you all ! :)

Welcome to EB and the Kingdom :)  Some of the guys have been meeting on the weekends--maybe you'd like to join them?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=273277

Notte!

welcome to riyadh

Cooking sounds interesting. Start posting your queries. I might be able to respond back to your queries.

Welcome to hell, lool just joking hope u guys have a lovely stay and enjoy life in KSA we hold weekly network meetings venue TBC i am sure TLL will post the info :)

Welcome to the KSA. It's a whole new world here and hope u make good friends.

Art of cooking sounds interesting. I can sell my soul for a nice pasta

Hi everybody,
sorry if we answer just now, but we were very busy at work.

We would like to cook for all of u, but now we are still living in a hotel, looking for an apartment.

We would like to join u for any kind of activities, please let us know as soon as possible.

We are starting to be bored in this country... :)

we hope to find some new good friends.

Cheers

Ivanoilboaro wrote:

We are starting to be bored in this country... :)

Hmmmmmm... didn't take you long! :lol:

You are right :),
but we are not able to find something to do after dinner.

We heard a lot about compounds, we would like to visit one of these.

Do you live in a compound? There are a lot of things to do inside?

thanks

bye

Me?  Yes.  But it's not a western compound :(

I'd suggest that you get in touch with the Italian embassy and see what they have going on:

Embassy of Italy in Riyadh
Diplomatic Quarter P.O.Box 94389 - 11693
Riyadh Saudi Arabia   

Phone #:  00 96614834877

E-mail:  [email protected]

Benvenuti to Saudi...
No doubt you are already in contact with your embassy, however new Italian expats are unfamiliar with the fabulous evenings entertained inside the Spanish embassy. Many Italians go to their celebraziones. Pop into the embassy, introduce yourself and get on the party list. The  Spanish diplomatic entourage  are a fun lot.
Ti auguro buona fortuna.

Hi everybody,

we are not yet in contact with the our embassy.:)

Party list sounds good, we would to join in the fabulous evenings entertained inside the Spanish embassy.

What do you do during the evening?

Do you have something to suggest us?

Cheers,

thanks a lot for your help

If u want u can join us as some of the Expat.com members meet on every Friday eve. So in case if u r interested you may join us.

Mohsin82 wrote:

If u want u can join us as some of the Expat.com members meet on every Friday eve. So in case if u r interested you may join us.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 51#1355283

Welcome

Oh pants....I wish I hadn't left now. I love Italian food!!

hello all,

as it is ramadan now, when is the next gathering and the time, please

cheers!

Please see the posts in the link posted by alliecat. You will get the updates there. We meet every Friday night at second cup located in localizer mall tahlia.

Friday eve at what time please?

thaks

Hi guys. Welcome to riyadh. Though its fasting month and not much to do rite now, but we can meet and talk and get to know.
I am a pakistani living in riyadh. How long do u guys plan to stay ?
my e mail is [email protected]

This is the right thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 51#1355283

HI everybody,
thank u for always answered.
Of course we would like to join u as some of the Expat.com members meet. Yesterday we been in Dubai, but maybe we can join you the next friday.
We are also looking for 2 villas with 4 bedrooms, in a western compound. Do you have guys something to suggest us?
And do you know also if is possible to get in some compounds to have a look? we are ccorius to see how is the life inside these.

Thank a lot,

cheers

Compounds

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … iyadh.html

Compound Living

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … iyadh.html

Hi Alliecat,

thanks for your answer, do you know fi is possible to get in to have a look?
And also do you Know wich are the best western compuonds?
I mean the best for live, but also not to much expensive, because I still not the budget that our company will give to us.

Thank again,

bye

Ivanoilboaro wrote:

Hi Alliecat,

thanks for your answer, do you know fi is possible to get in to have a look?
And also do you Know wich are the best western compuonds?
I mean the best for live, but also not to much expensive, because I still not the budget that our company will give to us.

Thank again,

bye

Use the link I gave you to call the compounds to get their updated costs and to make an appointment to visit.  They will quite probably not have any openings BUT you need to get the manager's name and keep making personal contact.  The key to getting anything in Saudia is persistence (but persistence with a smile).

The quality of what you get depends on your budget.  If you don't have much to spend, you'll either have to lower your standards OR pay the additional money out of your own pocket.

Good luck!