Best way to travel from Cancun to Corozal?

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best way to travel from Cancun to Corozal? We're flying in from Fort Lauderdale, FL. in March, arriving around 11:30 am. I know about the ADO bus that leaves at 10:30 PM, (Cost is $79BZ), but I didn't particularly want to wait 10+ hours for a bus that gets me into Corozal in wee hours of morning! What would be the cost and schedule of alternative modes of travel? Thanks for input!

Hi dodgerday,

I created a new topic from your post for better visibility on the Belize forum.

Hope you will find out the best route. ;)

Regards,

David.

Thanks...I appreciate your help. RICK

Here is a cut & paste from another site, credit to MisterB:

"When you arrive at Cancun airport, you'll see red-shirted ADO bus company employees everywhere -- most, if not all, speak English and can help you.

You should be able to buy the Cancun to BC bus ticket at the airport, but the bus departs from the bus terminal in Cancun City, so you'll have to get a bus from the airport to the city. The airport is about 15 km south of Cancun City.

Another option might be to buy a ticket from Playa del Carmen to BC, then get an airport express bus from the airport to Playa and spend the rest of the day there -- might be nicer than Cancun. You can store your luggage in lockers at the bus terminal on 5th Ave. Be aware that the bus to BC will depart from the other bus terminal at 20th Avenue & Calle 12th Street.

I haven't checked the fare recently, but have seen it between 470 and 500 pesos. It should be on the ADO website.

The ADO express buses are excellent -- should be a safe trip.

Traffic from Mexico to Belize now uses the new crossing. A friend recently returned from a trip to Chetumal, and said that the guy that extorts money from tourists is not there.

Check with your travel agent or ticket issuer to find out if the Mexican tourist card fee has been included in your airfare. If it's included, it should be shown as a code on your ticket and you should not have to pay anything when leaving Mexico.

If the Mexican tourist card fee has NOT been included with your airfare, then you might have to pay 295 pesos (or whatever amount in US$ they say) at the border."

Enjoy your trip to Belize.

Hello , Last time I caught the bus (ado) from Cancun I just caught it to Chetimal then caught a cab , right outside the terminal to the border . 20$ us it got me in about 10;30 pm . Gary

If our flight from Fort Lauderdale arrives in Cancun around 11:30 AM, what time should I be able to catch the ADO bus to Chetemal? How often do they run? What is the length of time to go from Chetemal to Corozal? I appreciate your help.