Looking for mother and baby groups in Malta

Hello everybody!

I'm so happy to find this forum, where all my problems and issues are being discussed!

My name is Natalia, I live in Russia, I have a 2 year old son. We've got the visas to spend 1 month in Malta. The purpose of our trip is to let my baby start learning english. He learns the english words i teach him but it's not enough. I've tried to settle up with the malteese kindergartens, but they say my presence is impossible there with him. and i can't leave him alone, he will be just shocked to find himself left among the strangers speaking foreign language. If you have a child who is shy and attached to you you'll certainly understand what i mean.

So, we've decided to stay in a family to have more opportunities to communicate with natives. And i want to ask your advise what can we do while kindergartens are not for us? What are theese mother and baby groups you discuss here? Can we attend them? How can we find them? We will be in Malta from 10th September till 6th October/

Hi Natalia,,

Welcome to expat-blog!

A new topic was created from your post fr better visibility on the Malta forum.

Hope you get in contact with the with such groups. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi Natalia.

I don't know much about the kindergartens/nurseries as my daughter attends Nikis Nursery in Sliema during the week. However, there are a group of mums who meet in Play zone on Mondays and Wednesdays from 230pm to 5pm. I won't be there at the moment but will be there some September. And if you like we can meet for play dates and take the children to the park or a play area.

Jennifer