Looking for a good lawyer

Planning on moving to Panama and after reading some of your blogs I see repeatedly that one needs a good lawyer,.  Can you please suggest a couple with info on how to reach them.

Also, how much should I budget for a lawyer to take care of our paperwork in becoming residents once we move.

Thank you so much.

Hello nancy roman.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This page could help -> Lawyers in Panama.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I would recommend Myra. I used her services and was very impressed and happy with low fees and her help with everything. Here is her website:
panamalawyermayralamboglia.com/index.htm

Hello marica55 -> Do not hesitate to recommend this lawyer into the Panama Business directory. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I hightly recommend Lic.Giovanna Avendano. Efficient, extremely honest and speaks perfect English; she will get required results and not charge otherwise. Many lawyers here take your money and DO NOTHING.
Her fees are very reasonable. If you are looking for residency it is typically around $1200-1500 for everything.

Hello grpiii.

For all recommendations, please use the Panama business directory :) 

Thanks

Karen :)

As far as money is concerned, it depends on what type of visa you are looking at getting.  If it's a pensionado, then yes, about $1200 sounds correct.  If you are looking for a "Friendly Nations" visa - I think the going rate is $3500 - $5000. 

Get your fingerprints at the FBI and then apostilled there in the states.  It's a pain to get it done in Panama.

Getting recommendations for attorneys is a good thing.  However, just know that what worked wonderfully for one person, someone else gets the shaft.  I've seen it happen way too often to give a reference. Maybe it's because once the word gets out that someone is a good attorney, they get too busy to give customer service and they start lacking.  Who knows.