Juffair

Hi
Will be soon in Juffair .
In a block of flats.

Will be working at king hamad university hospital .
Hoping it's ok.
Does anyone know can we use sawa network .

Welcome to Bahrain, Monica!

Juffair is a lively and convenient place. You get everything there, literally. It does tend to get a little noisy on weekends around the "Food Street" aka "American Alley" (correct local name is "Shabab Avenue"). I used to live in Juffair earlier. Was there for over a decade.

King Hamad Hospital is a short 10 minutes drive from Juffair. New hospital and has had good reviews so far (other than some embarrassing water leakages one year back LOL)

Not sure about the sawa network, unfortunately. But we do have a "Bahrain Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals" - BSPCA that does some good work. There is also an individual here who is popularly known as the "Dogfather". I wonder if either of these two could guide you about the sawa network.

Best wishes.

Gee thanks.
Sawa network is for phones .guess we got our lines crossed oops

Hey there, welcome to Bahrain Monica :top::D

I used to live in Juffair and as Farhaz has mentioned it really is a lively place especially during the weekends, they have restaurants and stores that are open 24/7 on the food street. On the other hand it does get rowdy at times during the weekends there are drunk drivers and I would suggest to avoid the street (Shabab Ave) that connects to the food street from mega mart especially during the weekends. You'll be able to identify that street easily as there are Police cars and well equiped police standing there and there is this big massage center there. There are always riots going on in that area and I've witnessed that a number of them happening, this especially happens during the weekends.

Other than that area juffair really has got everything that you need

Kevin

Hi
Thbanks for the info.
Do you perhaps know if i could use my sawa slim card from Saudi .

Umm I am not too sure about that since i've only been in the middle east for like 3 months now but if it's a simple sim card think it should work, simplest way is to just try and use it if it works YAY!!! if it doesn't no harm done :p

by the way I live near king hammad university hospital, if you like beaches there is a big beach near by just a few mins walk away

Kevin

Monica Blignaut wrote:

Hi
Thbanks for the info.
Do you perhaps know if i could use my sawa slim card from Saudi .

Your sim should work but it will be classed as being in another country and the charges are quite high.

You are better off buying a cheap duel sim card and using a Bahrain sim too. You will then see who has messaged you and be able to reply instantly off your Bahrain sim giving them your new number.

There are very cheap all inclusive data plans in Bahrain too which means you can get all the benefits out of your phone without running up a big bill.

Just use your Sawa sim for contact information and receiving texts/calls and then immediately give them your new number.

If your Sawa sim is PAYG I'd bin it and just txt everyone your number when here.

If it's contract, I'd negotiate an end of contract deal with them and walk away.

Sawa is a telephone card? :dumbom:

And there I was writing to you about BSPCA and the Dogfather! :lol:

Josnuggles is right about the sim it's much more convenient to get a new sim here in Bahrain simply because the sawa sim would be considered as international roaming which would cost you a lot