Looking for a native English teacher or tutor

I' m looking for a native English teacher for my children. They are around 5 to 7.
We live in 105 Ban co street, district 3, ho chi minh city.
Contact me at 0908318520 or send your CV to me by email if you are interested in this job.

Hi  Khoikhai,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Language teacher jobs in Ho Chi Minh City section, this might be helpful. This might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

What is it with Vietnamese and native English teachers?  Children that age need human interaction most.  Limiting yourself to just native English teacher is really narrow your search for a quality education for your children.

If they were my kids, I would have hired a Vietnamese female college student.  Not only that she can teach them English, but she can also teach them Vietnamese folklores, where Vietnamese values and traditions are drawn from.  Today's Vietnamese college students speak very good English.  They are more than capable of teaching children that age.

Hi David,
Thanks so much for yor suggesion.
I'll do like that.
Thao.

Hi Will,
Thank you so much for your advice. However, I don't need a Vietnamese student to teach my children English because i am a Vietnamese teacher of English. I can teach them but i still want them to be used  to the natural accent of native speakers.
That is the reason why i make such a costly decision! :)
Thao.

Exactly right Thao, same if someone wants to learn Vietnamese, you do it with a native speaker. Also,its your choice.

I understand what you are saying but early years English language training is very important if you wish for English qualification later on. A vietnamese student is hardly going to be able to teach phonics to the same standard as a native speaker.

Ok.  Let's flip that around.  I am a Vietnamese-American.  My children will be born Americans and Vietnamese.  As much as I want them to be fluent in Vietnamese, I can never see myself hiring a full-fledged Vietnamese to teach them, at such a tender age; and those guys come much cheaper here in the US.  My concerns would be:  What if the guy is better than me and their American school teachers, and my kids end up speaking English with a Vietnamese accent?  What if my kids start to put fish sauce on their steaks, or like badminton more than baseball?

I highly doubt that will reflect well upon me, as a parent...

Yep, flip away, I don't really see any point to what your saying. I was merely pointing out that it isn't wise to get a vietnamese student to teach English phonic skills to young children. regards

I don't understand why our respected members arguing when she just want to hire some teacher for her children!:D
You have the right to choose a good teacher for your children as much as you have enough money to pay. But don't just look for native speaker as many of them does not posses even a degree! What will be the future of your children if you choose a unqualified 'teacher'? Just think about Vietnamese. How many of them know exactly how many alphabets are there in Vietnamese language? Dear members! all of you have some Vietnamese friends. Just ask them. You will amazed of their knowledge in language!
So better choose some qualified teacher!
80% Vietnamese 'belief' that there are 24 alphabets in English!

Thank you all. I highly appreciate all of your opinions.
As i told you i am also a teacher so of course i know how to choose a qualified teacher.
My requirement is a native English teacher, not a native English speaker! And i will observe the first trial lesson before deciding. I have knowledge of methodology and i know who can help me teach my children.
Thanks anyway.
There were some teachers calling me to get that job and i am considering. By the way, i have a foreign language center and i am going to open some classes in which there are only native teachers. Who would like to try it, just send me your CV via my email [email protected]
Thao.

:lol:

I see...  :lol:

Thao or Khoikhai,

Perhaps, I do want to teach "your kids" ;)...  But tell me, how old are they; 5, 6, or 7?  How many kids do you have? 

What about your address there, is it a home or a business?  Who are Hung and Duc?  Also, can Julien tag along?  He is a good guy, but not nearly half as good as you.  I am sure he can use a lesson or two on marketing from you.