Saudi transit visa

I have thought whether to post this here or in Saudi forum, but I the process is more likely to have been done by someone outside of KSA anyway. :)

I am bearing an EU passport and have a UAE residency. In early August I am planning to road trip to Bahrein and Qatar to visit a friend, and I suspect I need a transit visa for KSA? Has anyone done this and how do I go about it? I guess the KSA Embassy in Kuwait is my first stop.

Thanks.

nope - KSA embassy does not process visas, they've outsourced that to a shop called "al jazeera" in Hawally. its near the nuqra police station; if u go behind the police station (Towards the main road) u'll find a bookshop (stationery shop really) called Al-Aujairi, it is right opposite that on the other side of the street.

i think it was 5KD to drive thru, but it depends on what they say. thats the best place to start :)

Thanks for the Info Legacy :)
I have been trying to call KSA embassy everyday no body answer, have the same Idea of Robson to drive to Bahrain end of August and dunno how to get the transit Visa. :)

Thanks legacy, you are an indispensable resource! :) I'll check it out one of these days.

Fadi - the coffee pot is working wonderfully, thanks to you too. ;)

You are more than welcome,
Could you let me know the visa processing with that office when you go see them plz so I could also apply though them,
Many thanks

Will do. I was about to ask legacy or someone who might be nearby to check their "store" hours, as I am not really close. :-/
I will report back for future reference.

i was just running by em yesterday as they're on my route when i run my usual half marathon - given that tomorrow will be Ramadan, ur best bet is to visit em after 8pm.

the sign on the shop is in arabic, but to save u time, theres a huge empty lot right next to the place, so the aujairy stationery shop is opposite an empty lot, and al jazeera office (written as الجزيرة in arabic) is the first shop visible past the empty lot.

tell u what; i'll send u my number, call me when ur there in case u need a translator :) but try not to go tomorrow as i'll give u the exact timings afterwards.

legacy, you are an absolute star!

Ribosam/Legacy

Did the Saudi transit visa materialise as expected?

Myself and a couple of friends (British nationals with Kuwaiti residency) are looking at driving to Bahrain/Dubai for no other reason other than it's there, we can, and it'll be a story to tell in a few years time!

Unfortunately I don't speak Arabic....did you need an Arabic speaker when there or could I manage with English? Also can you let me know which street it is on as I don't know where the nuqra police station is?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Ian5 - unfortunately my plans took a 180 degree turn as they usually do so it won't be happening. Maybe some other time though.
The location is on Beirut street right off the Hwy 40, tried to send you the Google maps link but after fiddling with it for 20 minutes I gave up. :)
Send a PM to legacy, he will help you out.

BTW your motivation seems to match mine. :)

Thanks! I think I know where you mean so will head on over in the next few days and see what I can do.

Please share with us how it went!