Need advice...handicraft store at east jakarta

hi all,

i just rented a small store at east jakarta near of mabes cilangkap and have plan to open a handicraft store especially kind of table lamp also floor lamp made of wooden,handwoven textile, any natural material etc .they are my own product that i made in yogyakarta, and previously sell to export market. please your advise all my dear friends.. is it my plan have a chance to get a customer?thanks

Adji, if you are doing pretty well now with your handicraft business, why would you want to increase your overhead costs by taking on a retail outlet lease?

Have you considered a first rate web site for your products? 

It's sort of an irony that while Indonesians have taken to the internet with incredible enthusiasm, the majority of their use of this venue is social networking. 

If you are ultimately looking for greater exposure of your goods, there is simply no other more cost effective way to do this than through the internet.

hi Ubudian thanks your advise. yes off course i do both offline and online, my target market is jakarta "i think everyone agree that jakarta is huge market for everything" so the reason i lease a showroom is to make customer more confidence that my business is real. there is around us we found a scams via internet  and it certainly affect the confidence of potential customers.
moreover i have a place to keep a stock at least 5-7 cbm so it will cut trucking cost than i send it one by one directly from yogya to jakarta's customer. thanks for your advise, will note.

There are plenty of ways to make your internet business site gain the confidence of your customer base.  One way is join the appropriate trade associations, which in your case would probably best be ASMINDO-The Indonesia Furniture Industry and Handicraft Association.

Another great benefit of belonging to one or more Indonesian based professional trade associations would be to participate as an exhibitor at their regular trade shows.  IFFINA would likely be a perfect trade show for your product.   

Professional buyers who come over to Indonesia like to use their time wisely…and that is by seeking out potential providers by way of the internet and trade shows.  They don't like to spend their time wandering around from shop to shop.  That process is a time waster and it's hit or miss at best.

Have you done a cost/benefit analysis based on your new additional overhead by having a shop in East Jakarta?   

Anyway, best of luck to you in growing your business.