King Abdulaziz University and teachers accommodation query

Hey there

I am female and have been offered a job in Jeddah at King Abdulaziz Uni..

Just wondering if anyone on this page works there or has info on what it is like
to work there.

I am also considering working in Salalah in Oman, but haven't finalized all the paper work or choice.

Do you know where female teachers live in Jeddah who work for this company ?

Well any info is always appreciated.
Hope you are all keeping cool and in good spirits.

cheers

RedOrangeBellPepper wrote:

I am female and have been offered a job in Jeddah at King Abdulaziz Uni..  Just wondering if anyone on this page works there or has info on what it is like
to work there.

I am also considering working in Salalah in Oman, but haven't finalized all the paper work or choice.

I assume you'll be teaching English at KAU.  By the way, the English Language Institute is part of the university---it's not a company.  As for housing, there is no one place where teachers reside, which is why they're given a housing allowance---they choose where to live.  Quite a few of my single female friends reside in flats throughout in Al Naseem, which is near the main campus.

Your question about working at KAU is too broad.  I suggest you go to Dave's ESL Cafe's country-specific jobs discussion forum for info about teaching in both Oman and KSA.

forums.eslcafe.com/job/index.php

smurfette wrote:
RedOrangeBellPepper wrote:

I am female and have been offered a job in Jeddah at King Abdulaziz Uni..  Just wondering if anyone on this page works there or has info on what it is like
to work there.

I assume you'll be teaching English at KAU.  By the way, the English Language Institute is part of the university---it's not a company.  As for housing, there is no one place where teachers reside, which is why they're given a housing allowance---they choose where to live.  Quite a few of my single female friends reside in flats throughout in Al Naseem, which is near the main campus.

Your question about working at KAU is too broad.  I suggest you go to Dave's ESL Cafe's country-specific jobs discussion forum for info about teaching in both Oman and KSA.

forums.eslcafe.com/job/index.php

Dear smurfette,
May i know the reason please ? I am in Jeddah and please reply me personally in a good mood.

keith_sanders097 wrote:

please reply me personally in a good mood.

:lol:

Smurfette is always in a good mood!

keith_sanders097 wrote:

May i know the reason please ? I am in Jeddah and please reply me personally in a good mood.

Huh?  The reason for what, pray tell?