Moving to Gibraltar (well, once I get the job offer)

Hi All,

I'm waiting for a job offer from one of the betting firms based in Gibraltar. I work as a business analyst within IT.

I'm looking to move with my 4 year old daughter and girlfriend in
the next couple of months.

What apartment options do we have in or near the main town area for a 2 bedroom with rent around £1000 per month?

My girlfriend works for a medical suppliers at the moment doing customer services. Are there any similar jobs out there in Gib? Or working in shops/bars/supermarkets part time?

I've been looking on this forum and others at renting options inside Gib, and La Linea, San Roque etc. I think we have decided on Gib for the convenience, free schooling for my daughter and to live without the hassle and costs of running cars, as we both have cars today in the UK.

Thanks

Hi michaelw2010

The following site gives good indications of available property.

http://propertygibraltar.com/

Nowhere in Gib is far from the main town and buses are free for residents.

Not sure about work for your girlfriend

Regards

Grumpy

Hello michaelw2010 and welcome to Expat.com :)

For better insights, you may also post your advert in the Flats for rent in Gibraltar section.

Your girlfriend may also post her resume/CV in the Jobs in Gibraltar and she should also specify the job and sector in which you're seeking for.

Thanks and best of luck

Karen :)

A 2-bed flat in our block went recently for £750.  It was vacated on the Monday and occupied on Friday, we're just off Main St.  Agents were Brays down Ocean Village.

You'll need a legit rental contract to get your residence.  Your girlfriend can get residence AFAIK because of your employment which entitles her to get jobs. Bar work, Morrisons etc are down to doing the rounds with a CV. There are some ads in the job centre at New Harbours and with an ID card she can register there.

Oh and depending on who you are working for, you may want to consider looking at Europort  for accommodation eg Eurotowers, Atlantic Suites and something plaza.