Fair salary

Hi,
I am an engineer (MSC) with over 10 years of experience. I got a job offer in the power industry in Angola, salary 85000 USD per annum.
Anybody an idea if this is a fair average salary?

Thanks

Of course that's fair enough!

you are still in the Supervisory - Managerial Level so $85,000 is not so low and not so high. Senior Managers would be at 100 T USD -up!

Sorry to say that this won't go very far in Luanda. If your package includes accommodation in addition to the base salary, then it's reasonable enough. Otherwise, you will have to shell out half your salary for a half-decent (or worse) place to live. A lot depends on your current lifestyle and what you are willing to forego.

I agree with SuzyQ.  Luanda is either the most expensive or the second most expensive city in the world depending on the source so make sure your compensation package includes housing, transportation and a meal allowance.  If it does, then the 85K seem reasonable.  Otherwise dont even bother.

Hi,

I got a job offer as a person in charge of an operation department for a starting transport company in Luanda-Angola, with a package:
salary 3000 USD per month + shared Accommodation, shared car, medical insurance, and payed 1 month off as a vacation once a year with a traveling air-flight ticket.

Anybody has an idea if this is a fair average package?

Thanks

hello guys.. is 2500 USDper month + 17.00 per day for food + accommodation + transportation. is this salary  fair enough to to to luanda for work??

Seems low to me.  US$17 per day wont event get you a pizza.  Is the $2,500 net?

Very low salaries I must say, had everything paid including housing, vehicle, driver, feeding allowance, insurance, pension scheme etc.

On top of this they also paid me (!) a handsome USD-salary every month, worked as a Manager.

hi Guys

My name is Lazarus Paulus , currently working in Sales & Marketing as a Manager of a company , Am looking for new opportuities in Angola , any ideas or leads let me know .

[email protected]

thank you

Lazarus Paulus

Hi Guys,

I am considering an offer as a Sales excutive/Store keeper in Luanda. This person is offering salary plus accomodation with lunch and dinner and also transportation.  Please let me know what is the fair salary for store keeper?

Thanks in advance.

abdul