Running routes in Jeddah

I am a regular runner/jogger within my compound, but I am now looking for outside routes. I normally run upto 8km at a time, so I normally avoid running paths that are really short.

I know the newly opened Corniche should be a good stretch.

Any suggested routes from fellow runners/joggers/walkers in Jeddah? Where is your favourite path?

Thanks a lot... :)

Am a walker not a jogger so lets see...

The one behind Hilton Hotel-Cornish and Majra Al Sayil In Tahlia both are popular by Jeddahwi's, but they are probably too short and too busy for you.

Longer ones are , the Pregnant women route (The first outdoor jogging route in Jeddah ) in steen street cross the road from Dr.Irfan Hospital and the Basateen-3 block route north of The Glob roundabout King's Road.

ahmadaq wrote:

Am a walker not a jogger so lets see...

The one behind Hilton Hotel-Cornish and Majra Al Sayil In Tahlia both are popular by Jeddahwi's, but they are probably too short and too busy for you.

Longer ones are , the Pregnant women route (The first outdoor jogging route in Jeddah ) in steen street cross the road from Dr.Irfan Hospital and the Basateen-3 block route north of The Glob roundabout King's Road.

Thanks a lot, Ahmad. Everyone I know recommends the one behind Hilton, and from what I have seen, there is too much traffic that you might need special police to control the pedestrians! :-P
And yes, it is too short for a run.

I didn't know about the Pregnant Women Route (completely ignoring as to why they call it this!), will check it out soon.

They actually call it Pregnant Women Wall and that's because the route is a walled pavement surrounding a girl's college.

Around ten years ago some pregnant women came with a craaaazy idea that outdoor sports and being exposed to the sun is a good thing for the mother and the baby, so they started walking there under the hawk eyes of the husbands whom might join the walk or drive their cars sloooowly on their woman tail, and that how the Jeddah urban legend of Pregnant Women Wall started.

Now all kind of people are using that route and you stopped seeing the lazy husband with their slowing cars..

That sounds crazy but funny! The other day someone told me about the giant Cycle (at the roundabout), and how people jokes around that it belonged to Prophet Adam!

On the topic of running/walking, how does everyone manage to do it in this weather? The humidity out there today was too high!

No Pain, No Gain

there is newly constructed park where you can run at the back of Le Meredien near Jeddah International Mall (Sarawat).  One stretch is 2.2Km or 4.4km (back and forth)

JhunR wrote:

there is newly constructed park where you can run at the back of Le Meredien near Jeddah International Mall (Sarawat).  One stretch is 2.2Km or 4.4km (back and forth)

Yes, that's the one Ahmad mentioned above (Majra3 Al Sayil), parallel to Tahlia.