Quinoa

Can someone tell me if they saw Quinoa in any supermarket in Cairo ?

Hello Mira
I don't think you will find Quinoa in Egypt,,,it is only in Peru,Bolivia.

You can find it in all european countries now - think tesco/sainsbury.

Here no chance - cous cous yes of a high quality, but Quinoa no I don't think you will find it - and even if you did it would no doubt be so expensive you wouldn't buy it.

bad luck you will not find it in egypt how you that things in peru but in egypt it`s very rare :(

Te Amo Hasta Mi Muerte wrote:

bad luck you will not find it in egypt how you that things in peru but in egypt it`s very rare :(

Hi, try in Large Malls different ones its spelled in arabic "Kinwah" just as its in english , actually there is some health hype about it going on and i heard many desert  places growing it over the last years.
its obviously available.

I asked some people online soon i might get a reliable answer.

cheers

No its grown here,  there is a Facebook group called national foods in Egypt something like that. A brother named Ahmed is growing it and I have eatin it lol its great! I haven't seen in stores though

Not national lol natural I will try to find link

facebook.com/pages/Prima-Foods-Egypt/551580528261743?id=551580528261743&_rdr#!/groups/293054297440256?view=info

Quinoa-  it's a very healthy grain, a cereal. You can find this in METRO store, in ZAMALEK. BTW - METRO seems to be the best equipped supermarket in Egypt, at least in Cairo, maybe it's not as big like Hyper 1 , Carrefour, Spinneys, but at least they have some, even much international products, imported from all over the world... , i wish they be also having my baby food... .

You should search on bio-eco-organic  and international food department.

But the prices aren't small..., for example finish sugar- xylitol or fructose cost 58 le for 250 gramm... .

I saw there polish products, many, also Quinoa, biological brand- Sante.

But, if You can't find  Quinoa or any You'r searching for maybe You can always order it onilne?, for example in bio-eco arabic, egyptian stores or supermarkets.

Thanks for the information!