English Teaching Jobs in Istanbul

Hello. I lived for many years in US (20 years), originally from Odessa, Ukraine. Due to Turkey's present economic standing I am exploring the possibility of Teaching English in Istanbul and would appreciate greatly help in that regard.

Is there a high demand, is it possible to find such work if you are a national of another (non-English speaking) country, how much do such professionals get paid?

I have a Bachelors and Masters degree from US in Economics as well as TESOL teaching certificate from Canada. Would it help?

Thanks in advance as I am only starting to explore this option and any practical information would greatly help.

Hi oleggy,

Posting your advert in the Language teacher jobs in Istanbul section might help. ;)

Regards,

David.

Having a teaching certificate like yours highly increases your chances of finding a teaching job. I'm pretty sure a language school will hire you. It isn't the greatest job ever, but it will pay the bills. I recommend walking into the language schools and presenting your CV in person. There are loads of schools in Kadikoy and Taksim. A google search will give you a lot of results.

Good luck!