Average monthly salary in Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

I might be offered a job in Kuala Lumpur near the Mid Valley. Does anyone know what the average monthly income in KL is?

I think they would offer a rate around 3800-4000 Myr a month. Is that sufficient? and good enough (for a fresh graduate)?

I would be living alone, need a simple room with a bed, a desk, tv, wifi, and if possible aircon. And I plan to save 1500 Myr monthly too. Do you think it is feasible?

Appreciate any response!!
Best,
Nathan

not easy

Dtanakin
I dont think you will get employment visa with that salary.. Min requirement is an offer of 5k RM to be eligible for Employment visa.
Pls check with your employer about this.
Cheers..!

Hi There,

Welcome to KL , Well just went through your post . I taught i might as well give some comments since i am a local malaysian and also i lived in HCMC for almost 1 year.

Well RM 4800 is pretty much an average salary but its considered quite good for a Fresh Graduate. Usually fresh grad salaries ranges from 2200 to 3000 is most tier 1 organizations.

Mid Valley and The Gardens are quite a convient place to work , there are trains passing by so u could commute there.

Rental might be an headache , u might spend easily about 1K .

Depending on the lifestyle u will be able to survive with that salary . Where exactly will u work.

Cheers.