Any Malaysian expat.in Jubail

Hi there @epoyogusto, welcome to Jubail! The roti canai and teh tarik place is in Dakhal Mahdood area, you will find it soon enough. Btw if the time is right I will definitely take up the offer to hang out.

Hey Modjo. Thanks. Is it near the Kudu and Farm Market? Someone told me there's a Pakistani resto there that served Canai. I didn't know that they serve teh tarik as well. If that's the place, it is only a few minutes walk from my place.

@epoyogusto bro, the place we talked about can make roti tampal - quite close to the ones back home, and they make pretty nice teh ais as well. I didn't notice Kudu or Farm, but it is at the same road where Flamingo cafe and one pizza place (can't recall the name now) are located. Which area is your place at btw?

epo,

Kudu and Farm are near the hotel correct? If so, the shop we are talking about is opposite to em'. And its at the other stretch beside a small barber shop around the corner of the shop by the main road. This shop is small as well.

If thats so, it is really really near to my place. U mean beside samaa hotel? I live in front of the under construction apartment. Modjo, vikra lets have a drink together sometime. Hehe.

Im free brother.... But x easy to get bro modjo appointment, busy man

vramakr wrote:

Im free brother.... But x easy to get bro modjo appointment, busy man

Haha. I will be on night shift until end of Dec bro @epoyogusto. I'm up for breakfast though, maybe this Friday morning OK kot. But on weekends bro @vramakr ok? :/

Check google map. Someone just marked that place as 'Roti Telur'. Cool! Haha

epoyogusto wrote:

Check google map. Someone just marked that place as 'Roti Telur'. Cool! Haha

Good catch bro. Indeed, that is the place. It is small and can be crowded especially during weekend breakfast/brunch - with the typical "meeting kedai kopi". A good place to get in touch with the rest of the folks working here.

Guys if on weekend you guys carry on, i'll be in Bahrain this weekend :)

vramakr wrote:

Guys if on weekend you guys carry on, i'll be in Bahrain this weekend :)

Chehhhhhh. Have fun, hope to join you some other time.

Really nice to hear that, was hoping to be there soon.

Hi modjo,

Not sure whether to give salam or not.
So you are with Sadara now...just give me some info what kind of package offered by sadara for an engineer having more than 10 years experience with family.

I am in Jeddah working with a contractor having contracts with sadara.

salam All n very gud evening..
i just got offer from SADARA...now currently are waiting for my visa..normally for how long it would takes?i heard that we can take leave after 9month working there,is it true? cz im planning to bring spouse n kids after a few of month...hope SADARA frenz or mybe someone could know this..

thanks a lot

tgmunir wrote:

i just got offer from SADARA...now currently are waiting for my visa..normally for how long it would takes?i heard that we can take leave after 9month working there,is it true? cz im planning to bring spouse n kids after a few of month...hope SADARA frenz or mybe someone could know this..

thanks a lot

Hello there welcome on board fellow Malaysian,

Usually it will take anywhere from 1 to 2 months standard. About leave, I am with SABIC and I took my leave in the first 3 months I join here. Usually its very much depend on your boss and they wont stop you for sure. You get your leaves accrued every month. Everthing will be smooth brother dun worry. Just come with peace of mind. Also, please get your license converted to International license in JPJ before coming here so you can rent a car if you need otherwise you cant drive before getting your Iqama and getting a driving license here.

All d best buddy!

oic..thanks so much n very gud info.. so its really can convert the license at JPJ to international license...but never heard can do at malaysia..i thought that 1,we do at saudi after iqarama..

tq again bro

Welcome my friend
I am now working with SADARA for almost 2 month already.
Let me know if you need any help

thanks my frenz,

insyaAllah.2month already ya..what post u are my frenz..at least can got an idea about sadara n jubail..so,far what kind of work we do there,plant not ready yet right..erm,where u stay now?is it they give housing@we need to rent?...if u dont mind can u drop ur email..

tq

[email protected]

hi, we are in the same boat. i'm going there for sadara. see you there.
i need yr help and guide guys.
[email protected]

Bro,
Soon i need to find house @jubail. Need yr advice about the place where most Malaysian community stay @jubail.
Appreciate if u can provide any other advice for newbies like me to start a life @jubail.

thank you bro.

Dakhil Mahdood or small panda or water tank they call it. Thats where most Malaysian stays.

Hi all Malaysian,
I'm Pengeran Ali currently I get offer from Sahara Petrochemical any info for Jubail life style example any Malaysian food ,housing rental cost etc, pleaseeeee

Welcome to Jubail @wanmohdeffendi @tgmunir @Pengeran Ali!

Please do buzz me if you require info about Jubail, @Joe-Cooper might be the best person to talk about SADARA but I might be able to help on the general info about Jubail.

Btw @wanmohdeffendi bro, you dive? If you are keen let's try out diving around Jubail with the local groups after you've settled down here. Been wanting to try but so far haven't got the chance, mostly because takde geng sangat. Most of the folks I know are from Dammam.

vramakr wrote:

Dakhil Mahdood or small panda or water tank they call it. Thats where most Malaysian stays.

Some people call it Dakhil Malezie (Malaysia) now. Hihi.  :proud

Thanks for the info bro modjo,  i,m glad to hear that... btw any sport centre there like vollyball court, any good fishing spot there.

Pengeran Ali wrote:

Thanks for the info bro modjo,  i,m glad to hear that... btw any sport centre there like vollyball court, any good fishing spot there.

I heard people usually play volleyball during Ramadhan, at night after iftar. I think it is customary here for people to be active after iftar, since most stay up late during fasting month. But so far, the Malaysian friends around here gather for badminton and futsal. If you are already here, maybe we can setup a volleyball team and organize matches. 

About fishing, I know there are many kaki pancing around but I am not really into fishing so much - ask around, I am sure you will find them soon enough.

Waiting visa,,,,, hope can meet u bro modjo maybe can setup vollyball team

Thanks for advance bro modjo,now still in processing the visa.work visa from KSA already got it.just waiting Malaysia processing on that.going dive?its very interesting.mybe can join too.@Fendi,u got scuba license or what.? very gud...

vramakr wrote:
tgmunir wrote:

thanks a lot

Hello there welcome on board fellow Malaysian,

Usually it will take anywhere from 1 to 2 months standard. About leave, I am with SABIC and I took my leave in the first 3 months I join here. Usually its very much depend on your boss and they wont stop you for sure. You get your leaves accrued every month. Everthing will be smooth brother dun worry. Just come with peace of mind. Also, please get your license converted to International license in JPJ before coming here so you can rent a car if you need otherwise you cant drive before getting your Iqama and getting a driving license here.

All d best buddy!

You took your leave in the first three months? that's interesting because i read in the policy that you are not allowed to take the annual leaves not until you complete 11 months. but again, it totally depends on your boss. ask him, dont beat around the bushes.

:)

@epoyogusto - I applied for annual leave during my first 3 months here as well. Not to go back to Malaysia or any long leave for that matter. Where I work (maybe most companies too?), HR permits new joiners to take leave only after completing their probationary period, unless there are special circumstances. Anyhow talking to the boss would really help. Are you here in Jubail already?

modjo wrote:

@epoyogusto - I applied for annual leave during my first 3 months here as well. Not to go back to Malaysia or any long leave for that matter. Where I work (maybe most companies too?), HR permits new joiners to take leave only after completing their probationary period, unless there are special circumstances. Anyhow talking to the boss would really help. Are you here in Jubail already?

@modjo yup I am in Jubail, in Sudair to be specific. it has been 4 months and counting. Never heard from my boss about my probation tho. I presume I passed the period without any hiccups, or else, he woudlve called me and talk right? I would love to break away from here for a week or so. Being alone is pretty tough, especially in this soil.

Hehehehe

Dude bout your confirmation, hehehhe, belive it its auto confirm! Rarely they do speak to you before confirmation. As long they dont speak to you, you are considered safe. Why dont you get a Multiple Visa and go over to Bahrain for weekend.....4 months not going anywhere can make you nuts mate! What say you modjo  ;)

bahrain has been in my checklist since i was in malaysia. never get the chance as yet to brave through the border. i heard it takes hours just to pass the immigration. well, after i get my own ride, perhaps. renting a car couldve been burdensome. a couple thousands of riyal for an Accent that the engine sounds rougher that a helicopter's rotor. i wouldnt try my luck with that car to bahrain. haha.

Not to worry mate! You can plan a trip wif modjo and me. Lets plan....  :D

Let's go. You would've probably seen me during the Malaysian Fest or during the Futsal tournament last weekend :)

errr........I was working during these 2 events mate - x sempat nak pergi.

Ya ka? If thats so, we meet in the car to bahrain lah. haha

errr........I was working during these 2 events mate - x sempat nak pergi.

@epoyogusto - Sudayer? That's quite near to my place. I'm in Najd. Drop me your contact details via message - we can have coffee anytime. @vramakr is a seasoned KSA/Bahrain border crosser, only for the time being he's in project dateline mode so he's been laying low. Lol.