Weather

Hi all,

Will be visiting Cuenca soon and wondered what the weather has been lately.  According to the internet, it is rainy and in the 60s.  I've visited before and found most days the rain was brief. 

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

Don't trust Internet sites to have accurate weather for Ecuador. I doubt that there are many really good meteorologists in the country. Internet sites will publish whatever they can get their hands on, accuracy is secondary.

On a more general level, Ecuador, like all places in the tropics, has 2 seasons. The rainy season and the dry season. Right now it's the dry season.

Thanks for the reply.  I don't, that's why I posted here.  The internet says it is rainy all day with the temp in the mid to high 60s.  Everything I'd read said it was dry season.  Last time I visited it was the wet season and then it only rained a little.

Are you in Quito or Cuenca?  If Cuenca what was the temp today?  Did it rain?

The first 2 weeks of the month, we pretty much had a touch of rain everyday in Cuenca. The last 2 weeks, we haven't had any. This is about as nice as I've seen it. The temp has been climbing to the mid 70's.
Wearing just a T-shirt, I actually got pretty warm just walking today.
The river is waaay down form the beginning of the month.

Thanks, Zen!  It is was 102 here yesterday.  Can't wait for the wonderful Cuenca weather!

I heard Vegas was 110. That is just hateful. We've had terrible wind storms, and lots of rain in Minnesota. So much rain, they had to shut down some of the river traffic on the Mississippi. Then, you hear of draught in other areas of the country.
Crazy weather, hottest in over 100 years I read.
Weather in Cuenca is sweet!!!

I know!  Crazy weather.  I visited Cuenca in Jan 2012 and absolutely loved it.  Planned to move there, but my boyfriend died suddenly and my plans were on hold for awhile, but that is where I want to live for sure.  Too many expats are not good however.  Some apparently cannot mind their manners.  I love the Ecuadorian people.

How long have you been in Cuenca?  Would love some recommendations for restaurants and things to do.  Will be in Cuenca a little over two weeks.

Ohhhhh, now I re call about you losing your BF. Hope you are getting along alright.
I've been here a month this trip, and I'm not going back! They are just completing my condo as I type.
For sure, give me a call when you arrive. I know of a few decent places to eat, and some not so great!!
Hope you have a good trip. Are you coming with some gal friends?
I hope the weather is this nice for you guy's, it's awesome again today.
Safe Travels,
Neil

You answered my post.  I was thinking about moving anyway, but I think waiting was best for me.  Yes, two friends will be traveling with me.  We'll stay near the plaza.  We will not have phone service, just email!