Move to Toulouse

Hi everyone! My names Sarah, I'm English and I'm moving to Toulouse in 4 weeks time with my French husband and 15 month old girl. If any other mums would like to meet up with us please feel free to contact me!. My daughter and I would love to make some new friends! :)

Hello Sarahlou85.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your message has been moved to the Toulouse Forum for more visibility.

Good luck in your quest :)

Karen.

Hello Sarah,

My name is Janice and I speak English. From Singapore. My family is moving to France in Oct 2013. I have 2 children (age 2 years & 4 months). I hope we could meet up with you by then.

Regards,

Janice

Hi Janice,

Yes that would be great! Good luck with your move and hopefully we can meet up when your ready :)

All the best
Sarah

Hello ladies, welcome to France soon. There's a nice group of mums that meets regularly called MOPS, unfortunately they don't have a blog but inbox me for more info interested i will put you in contact with the lady that organises it.

Hello Rudzani,

That's great! It will b good if u can link us up with MOPS. :)
Btw, me n husband coming to Toulouse to view houses on the 21 aug till 23 aug. yes, so we are flying from Singapore tonight

Hello,
Yes that would be great thank you!

Good luck with the house hunting Janice :)

Thank you Sarah!

Hi Sarah,

My family will be staying at Croix Daurade. Where about are you?

Hi Janice,

We're in portet sur garonne so your about 20 minutes drive away from us. So happy that you've found somewhere, when do you move? :)

Wow, not bad. there is a carrerfour nearby!
We are moving in in end Sept. Have you met any other mums around your area?

Cool so you visited portet? It's quite nice here and yes there's a Carrefour nearby! :)
No I haven't met any other mums here yet, I found a nounou for my little girl for 25 hours a week because I want to look for a job. Will you work ?

No, I haven't been to Portet. I googled it to see how far apart we are and found carrefour as the landmark. haha.
Nounou is a babysitter? That's good. give you time for urself and you can work. I'm still working at the moment. Over here in Singapore, it is common to hire a helper who stays in the house with you so we could work. and I stay with my in-laws. So my helper and in-laws take care of my 2 children. But things will change after my family move over to Toulouse. I don't think I can work after that since my youngest is only 5 months old.
So I got to find alternative/ help in case I go insane. Haha