Looking to buy land in Philippines and build my house

a filipino that says" you can trust me' cannot be trusted.  truth is.. every filipino will sell you land.. they will find the land and and add a few hundred thousand pesos to the price. nobody needs a filipino to find land ... any idiot can find thier own land..

Hi Sir thank you for your reply. I understand where u are coming from. let me clarify that I am not a real estate agent but prompted an offer for a help to you to connect you with the right person. My friend is a real estate broker. I just want to help people. And with this I saw an opportunity to help you be connected to the right person. This is not about the money, and it's not my intention at all. I hope you understand.. Not all people here in the Philippines are like that of the few experiences you had. If you are interested, you can contact me.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Rose

And remember a foreigner CANNOT own land in his/her own name. 
Many people will try to sell land to them, some people will even pay for the land. 
But it will not be theirs.  And they can so easily lose their money in these scams.

not about the money.. just want to help people..
thats funny.
good luck

You shouldve intduced urself properly in ur profile..ur degree.profession or if ur licensed or authorized person to transact or offer ur service to someone seeking land ownership and from a foreign national..sorry to say but it sounds rather scary when u say the words " you can trust me"  instead of just someone willing to help..maybe we should try be careful sometimes in trying to offer " help" for it could easily be misunderstood as something negative instead of the real " intention" of the words.i mean no offense.god bless

Yes, you can buy lots abd houses here. just inform me...There are lots for sale here in Lapulapu City, Cebu, Philippines...near the airport...Or what is your ideal area for your house and lot? Just inform me.

violet23 wrote:

You shouldve intduced urself properly in ur profile..ur degree.profession or if ur licensed or authorized person to transact or offer ur service to someone seeking land ownership and from a foreign national..sorry to say but it sounds rather scary when u say the words " you can trust me"  instead of just someone willing to help..maybe we should try be careful sometimes in trying to offer " help" for it could easily be misunderstood as something negative instead of the real " intention" of the words.i mean no offense.god bless

That does sound a better way..

This one I did look at and googled the number, someone wanting a job as a baby sitter or a house keeper, but appearing to want to sell land to someone who isn't allowed to buy land, as a side line..

rosemarie galigao wrote:

U can trust me I promiss u if u are interested to buy Å land just contact me. I could help u. Pls... Call me now. 09276877682' I'm rose galigao

Hatts off to all the guys who replied. They all are knowledgeable about the legalities and all that stuff each has their own opinion but one thing I`m sure, If you buy my house and lot you can talk to any bank of your choosing and be safe " NO SCAM " or what so ever period.

Hi, are you still looking for lot? I have a 2,000sqm property in Toledo City, Cebu for sale. Located 35km from Cebu City proper near beach and only 5-10 minutes ride away from shopping malls or groceries and fastfood like mcdonalds. Country side peaceful living. I can also help you with the constructions and help you get around with whatever you need to get settled. I'm selling that lot for $20,000 only.

Datanjan wrote:

Hi, are you still looking for lot? I have a 2,000sqm property in Toledo City, Cebu for sale. Located 35km from Cebu City proper near beach and only 5-10 minutes ride away from shopping malls or groceries and fastfood like mcdonalds. Country side peaceful living. I can also help you with the constructions and help you get around with whatever you need to get settled. I'm selling that lot for $20,000 only.

That's 660,000 pesos in my money ;)

But remember, only Filipino citizens can buy land...

Yes only Php 660,000 for a 2,000 square meter lot which means Php 330/sqm though buying price in that area is Php 1,000/sqm. Since, I need more funding to finish another construction project I'm willing to sell it a very low price. Although foreigners cannot own land in the Philippines, they can purchase units in condominium buildings, so long as foreign ownership in a single project will not exceed 40 percent. If married to a Filipino, the foreigner can buy land provided the title will be in his or her spouse's name.

beware of scammers guys.. it'd be best if you ask them government issued id's and better conduct ocular inspection of the property they are selling. if they are selling condo or housing projects, better verify them with the developer or project owner :)

Hi,
As a foreigner you are not able to purchase or own land.
An option is to lease a property, if that's available. Lease contracts start most of the time for 50 years, and renewable for 25.
Here you can build your dream house. The house will be yours, but not the land.

If you are married to a Filipino it is easier. Buy a property on your partner's name.
But in registering the title, you may insist that your name is marked as co-owner.
But be careful, there are many scammers in this market. Be sure that the title is correct, taxes are paid and more. And only deal with the rightful owner, not with agents of family of the owner.

read also http://expatinthephilippines.com/buying-renting-house/ on my website

Good luck,

Jan

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the appropriate section : Land for sale in the Philippines
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

with all due respect to all who made a wrong comment, a foreigner may own a condo unit... may also owned a land via hereditary succession or via corporation (domestic). :) ask a lawyer on how to do it.

professor cebu wrote:

with all due respect to all who made a wrong comment, a foreigner may own a condo unit... may also owned a land via hereditary succession or via corporation (domestic). :) ask a lawyer on how to do it.

To confirm:

A foreign individual can buy a condo. ie: A unit but not the land.

A foreign individual cannot buy land.

A foreign individual can inherit land from his Filipino spouse (after death), but cannot on-sell to another foreigner.

Corporations that can own land, when set up correctly, are treated differently and subject to many other rules different to foreign individuals.  It would be interesting to see the set up and ongoing costs of doing it that way, and any pitfalls possibly involved.

drjones2013 wrote:

I looking to buy land in Philippines and build my house. Please will someone give me contact information on builders and places where I can buy material.

First thing is You must know in buying properties in the Philipines is You must married to a Filipina because we have a law here states that foreigners are not allowed to owned a land or a business except condominiums lol. the second option is you must known some one that you can trust. buying materials or looking for a builder is   not the problem, the problem is  following the rules and regulations of this country is a big deal especially when your dealing with the crocodile officer who loves to nick off from the foreigners and even to the locals.

Mhahal wrote:

First thing is You must know in buying properties in the Philipines is You must married to a Filipina because we have a law here states that foreigners are not allowed to owned a land or a business except condominiums

You do not need to be married to a Filipina to buy land for them.

A foreigner can buy land for anyone they wish.  Married to them or not.

But whether married or not, the land will be owned by the Filipina, not by the foreigner.
This part is correct (foreigners are not allowed to owned a land) that applies whether married or NOT.

Survey the area you want to live in first, check for crime, vicinity of retail, schools, hospitals, traffic , infrastructure. Rent first learn the area you want to build and live in. Best to find a builder is word of mouth from other expats, check out his builds and build on part payment of work progress, never pay full amount upfront. Check the building controls if building in a gated community. Personally I think gated is the way to go for security.

no pitfalls really.. except that you have to maintain the filipino-alien ownership (based on the nature of your business vis-a-vis nationalized industries per fia) :)

You cn get away  with it  if you  bought a property leased for a hundred years its sounds silly but they exist in rural areas
But I don't know how they  did it

Hi just try My luck, I have a house in Cebu Philippines we would like to sell or rent this property as We are already migrated here in Newzealand. I own the property and we are open for negotiaion. Cebu is a nice place to live but very crowded too in the City but My place is located in Miglanilla very peaceful community. if you would like a picture i can send to your email. **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share contact infos on the forum.
Mhahal wrote:

You cn get away  with it  if you  bought a property leased for a hundred years its sounds silly but they exist in rural areas
But I don't know how they  did it

You can buy a lease on a property with no problem.

But that's a lease, not freehold ownership.

Some properties (freehold land) do get sold, especially in rural areas, to naive foreigners, but if it goes to court the constitution is brought in and it gets ruled that the foreigner never actually owned it, and that the original documents are invalid.

Find a trustworthy lawyer in the Philippines who will put the foreigners interests before his own, and you should get the right answers.

A foreigner cannot own land in the Philippines. There are plenty of sources of building materials - depends where you are

sir good day!
sir where part of the country would you like to buy land?im henry and im here at cdo its a good places also to find cheap property...

Henry
I would like very much to acquire a beach from a lot with a house or without. It must be in a safe, secure area, I realize also that no place is a 100% safe. I need a lot that has internet access or can be accessed by the vendors, one with electricity access.

try to look at camiguin island good places mare safer than any place

sir ...
try camiguin island has everything you need has internet access less expensive and had both hot and cold spring in the island

@ Madhatter,

Be very, very careful here with potential misinformation and offers of properties from less secure areas. I remain amazed at how many offers emerge to sell an expat the exact property they wish for and yet none of the offers come with any real pertinent actionable info that helps the expat prepare for legal possession.

Here is a "Filipino" guide that was funded/produced, in part, by none other than the U.S. Department of Environment and Natural Resources-United States Agency for International Development's (DENR-USAID).  It can be viewed at:
http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/Pnadb807.pdf

Some relevant Supreme Court (SC) decisions that may be worth your review are:

http://www.lawphil.net/judjuris/juri200 … _2000.htmlhttp://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudenc … 146616.htmhttp://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudenc … 175810.htm

Mostly, you should be very familiar with the following:

True ownership of the beaches in the Philippines - All beaches in the Philippines are owned by the state and are considered "Foreshore" land.

Read more: http://www.investorwords.com/14319/fore … z3yhoLgoPp

Foreshore Definition - "Land that is above sea level only at periods of low tide. Because of the tidal action, the land alternates between being wet and dry."

Foreshore Lease - Buyer/lessee must be a Filipino citizen (natural or judicial) to file the Foreshore Lease Application (FLA) and obtain said Foreshore Lease from the Philippine government, in order for the lessee to have legal possession and control over that specific area of the beach, from the high tide mark to the low tide mark.  There is a max of 144 hectares that can come under this lease.

Review 1998 Fisheries Code of the Philippines.

A Foreshore Lease and constructing a permanent structure - The 25 year lease (renewable for another 25 years) does not allow you to construct a permanent structure anywhere within 30 meters from the high tide mark.  Review DENR Administrative Order DAO 99-34, series 1999.

Building requirements - Typhoon Haiyan's winds were over 300 kph.  Yet, the Philippine building codes only require that built structures be designed to withstand 250-kph winds.  How would your investment last with another Typhoon Haiyan?

I hope you and others find the above sources helpful in the quest for "beach front properties" in the PI.

be wise on choosing who's who....

Calif Native
I thank you, a woman in Palawan is also offering beach front property, she lives in San Francisco, Ca, but the deal seemed a little shaky from the gate, now I can see why. But thank you once again and if you will please send me the link you use to check your internet speed. You gave to me once before, but now I cannot find it, thank you again

madhatter868 wrote:

Calif Native
I thank you, a woman in Palawan is also offering beach front property, she lives in San Francisco, Ca, but the deal seemed a little shaky from the gate, now I can see why. But thank you once again and if you will please send me the link you use to check your internet speed. You gave to me once before, but now I cannot find it, thank you again

@ Madhatter,
You are very welcome! 

I hope all can see the often deep deception being laid before the expat….  Any person that does not understand the links I provided and acts without full knowledge of the laws/guidelines referenced therein, will be at the mercy of others and the court systems here in the PI, if they so-called "buy" the beach front land. 

Bottom line - Beach front land and house with occupancy done right =  A lease contract with the PI Government, the permanent house structure being at least 30 meters from high tide…… 

……..not a person selling based on a claimed TCT or TCT with title in name of Phil spouse or trusted person.

One should not make such a move without understanding the laws and guidelines in place (that the US Government helped develop). 

Any seller offering beach front property without full disclosure and copies of their lease with the PI Government should be left alone, IMHO.   You were wise to walk away on that offer.

Globally speaking, very few prime locations are left where private ownership is allowed to the water's edge (ocean water) and most governments work together to make sure it remains as such.  I won't get into why the US wrote/published a land control document for the PI, but it is there for all to learn about.

The internet test URL:  http://www.speedtest.net

I was referring to the speedcheck that used Los Angeles as it check point

https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Thank you I have found that it gives a different result that speed test, thank you again

madhatter868 wrote:

Thank you I have found that it gives a different result that speed test, thank you again

Yes, the speed testing between http://www.speedtest.net & https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ can differ slightly based on speedtest allowing the selection of a specific host location within a state or county, where speakeasy only selects a major city and does not show a particular host location option within that city. 

My test differences as of 16:11 today are:

speedtest  =  Down 7.73 Mbps, Up .068 Mbps (to Irvine California host location)
speakeasy =  Down 7.93 Mbps, Up .069 Mbps (to Los Angeles host location)

This is another reason why a person should make sure the beach area they select has proper coverage for speeds and bandwidth at that actual property site.

Good to know!! Actually, I have been paying for 5.0 up from PLDT but am been receiving in the high 7's to almost 8.0 up. Don't know why but I will take it

madhatter868 wrote:

Henry
I would like very much to acquire a beach from a lot with a house or without. It must be in a safe, secure area, I realize also that no place is a 100% safe. I need a lot that has internet access or can be accessed by the vendors, one with electricity access.

Please message me if you are interested to buy beach lot south of cebu. FYI, for your safety, deal only with licensed broker.

God bless.

I would be interested may I have the particulars?

madhatter868 wrote:

I would be interested may I have the particulars?

1000 sqm with house gated with pool beach front 8M. 1000 sqm or less lot only 3M beach front .

both lot are in OSLOB near whale shark site and waterfalls.