Is 10 000AED enough for a family of 3 people ?

I find a job in Dubai and they are offering me 10 000AED inclusive of transport allowance and accomodation allowance.
I have a husband and a daughter following me.
Is it enough for us to live with this salary ?
Then my husband can find a job, but if he doesn't find one we need to live only with 10 000AED.
I want to find a studio or a 1 bedroom flat near my job in out Metha.
I have an other question, I can sponsor them, do you know how much it will cost ? and how long time took the process to obtain their visa ?
Thanks

this is very low salary to live in DUBAI for a family. let me give you some figures:
the lowest studio in DUBAI not less than 45k per year. you better live in sharjah and you can find 1 bed room apartment for 25 k pa . utilities will cost you 12k pa. transportation will cost 12k pa. food for family of 3 members around 3k pm. schools vary widely. I think to live in a reasonable style you need 15k pm for family 3 members. the cost o visa for any family member around $300 inclusive legalization of documents and take maximum 2 days if you have all the right documents.

Ok, thank you for your answer. I'm trying to negociate the salary, it is not easy. I will see if I can come or not. Bye

Bon jour,

I doubt if you can manage a family of 3 with 10k. Since your job is in Dubai , better you stay in Dubai. Travelling from Sharjah to Dubai is a nightmare. Of course accommodation is less expensive in sharjah.

In Dubai you can manage to get a studio for around 30k p.a.

Schooling is expensive in Dubai.

Getting a job may not be easy in the prevailing situation. depends on what type of job your husband is looking for and LUCK.

If you cook at home Food is not expensive.

browse the following web sites to get an idea about the job market and salary range.

http://gnads4u.com/jobshttp://staffinuae.com/

Best Wishes to You, your husband and kid.

Welcome to Dubai

ravi

Thank you,
I realise it is difficult to live with 10 000AED...
If my husband stay home he will take care of my daughter, so not necessary to pay a nursery.
I searched on internet, flat are expensive in Dubai. I asked my job if they can search and tell me how much are the rent around the clinic. ( the job is for a clinic )
My husband is a telecomunications engineer, he searched on internet but nothing for the moment, also he can work as an IT but nothing for him.
Are you sure the food is not expensive ? I love cooking so it is not a problem for me.
Bus or metro , how much are the tckets for the month ?
The job is in Oud metha.
Thank you

Hello,
Check http://dubai.dubizzle.com/ , you will find all the info regarding the rents.

1. If you take a studio appt in International City which is close to Oud Mehta ( if you meant that), it will be around 25K/Year ( excluding utilities), say 400-500 ( Max) for utilities in Summer with around 300 in winter.

2. Telecommunications Engineer should get a job in DUBAI, if experienced. It's sometimes difficult but depends on many factors, your husband can check same website dubizzle and look for job in that.

3. If you prepare food at home, it will not be costly.

4. From International City to Oud Mehta it should not take you more than 25min in car. You can arrange for monthly pickup transport. Again try dubizzle and you will  find something.

All the best. May God make things easy for you.

Thank you for your answer. We are not sure to go in Dubai yet. We are still thinking. Thanks.