Barcelona here I come!

So I have took the dive! Landed a decent job, put a deposit down on a flat, trying to sell the car, sold all my junk and am picking up my passport in 2 hours! Barcelona here I come!

....sorry am just getting a little bit over excited as this is my first time abroad in over six years and my first time moving/living in another country. My name is Robert, I've been working in Manchester the last year, but am from Liverpool (just thought of a good scouser joke? I've heard them all). I work in I.T and lucky landed a long term job with a well known I.T company based in Barcelona. It has all been really quick and now the butterfly feeling is starting to REALLY kick in.

I'd love to possibly network with some people via this forum to gain a better understanding of the whole moving and first week process. I would also love to hear some recommendations of what I should do with my first five days as I arrive a bit early to sort out banking and other paper work.

I have also started a youtube channel to share my trip with friends and family, but am also going to cover my experience of finding a place to stay, opening a bank account, cost of living and so on. It's pretty bear at the moment because I've not yet left (leaving on the 2nd). I'll share it when there is a bit more content. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Kind regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to post any questions, advices or to share your experiences on the Barcelona forum. :)

Best wishes,

David.

Will be interesting to learn what you find. I run my businesses from the internet and looking to move as well at some point but want to learn a bit more first. Best of luck in the meantime.

lumberman wrote:

Will be interesting to learn what you find. I run my businesses from the internet and looking to move as well at some point but want to learn a bit more first. Best of luck in the meantime.

That's great to hear. Am leaving tomorrow morning at 6am, so I'll try and get a video up ASAP. Is there anything you'd like to see in the videos or anything else you'd find helpful? I've never been before and don't have a clue about the city, so you'll get an honest opinion.

Good luck on the trip. I'm still trying to determine just where I want to end up. Was looking down the coast of Spain near the beach as well but am mostly a city guy and am not sure the coast has many people there in off season. Not exactly wanting to end up in a hotel type apartment either.