Tips/Guide for a new comer in Ndola

Hi,

Am an Indian moving from Tanzania to Ndola. Can someone share basic info on living in Ndola? Are there any expat groups that I can meet with? How safe is it for a lady? What are the medical facilities available?

AA

Hi AArvind,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through some topics on the Zambia forum in order to get more information. This might help. :)

Thank you,

David.

Many thanks David.

AA

Hi AArvind, Good to hear that you are considering moving to Ndola, over the last couple of years Ndola has really started coming back to life. For most of the 90's and the early 2000's the economy had been terrible.  Recently with the opening of the mines and foreign investment that has come with the mines we have seen a tremendous change in economic activity.
The people remain friendly, generally it's a safe place  but as with most places it's always best to be cautious, ie. avoid walking alone at night, do not flaunt jewelry or cell phones.
If you have lived in Dar es Salaam you will find Ndola to be a little low key but a refreshing change. There is a large Indian expat community that is very supportive and always willing to help. You will also find East Africans from Kenya, Somalia and Tanzania.
There is a large Hospital Ndola Central as well as several private practices that can cover most medical conditions. There are several Chinese clinics as well as a few run by Egyptian doctors.
Please let me know if you have any other specific questions. All in all I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Ndola.