Young HR professional seeking advice about move to Luanda

Hello,

Let me just say, congratulations to the founders of this website site for creating such an excellent resource, and congratulations to all its members for keeping this blog highly informative as well as friendly.

My name is Maximus, and I will be moving to Luanda in a couple of months, where I will be staying with relatives. I am in the process of normalizing my residency.
The biggest reason for the move is personal rather than professional. That being said, resolving the professional side of things is obviously a priority.

Id like to ask some advice about how hard it might be to enter the job market, what kind of entry level salary I could expect, and if you have any advice about which sectors or companies might be hiring HR professionals. Also, Id like to know how being an expat could affect my entry into the job market.

I speak Portuguese fluently and I am familiar with life in Africa.

I have about one year work experience.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Maximus.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hai Maximus,

This Cherry, I am leaving Lauanda-Angola . It is very good market for FMCG & Trading .Currently i am working with one of the top trading company.Here local language portugese , and 70% speaking only portugese , they dont know english its better for You.

Hello Maximus
You might want to try one of the oil companies such as Chevron or Texaco.  I've seen HR jobs recently posted.  Check out their websites.

hello
anyone can invite you as they willing to be responsable for you . i just invited someone from canada to luanda i use my company details as a sponser .
fell free to add me on viber 00244 917 253 726 im willing to help you . ~
kind regards
jorge cardoso

good day
im correntçy in Angola and i have dual citizenship  i can help anyone to start a business and accomodation ,
i also can help with invitation letter .
kind regards
jorge cardoso

Hi Pamela,

Please note that this topic has been posted since last year. And Maximus must have find what he was looking for.

I suggest you to post your job proposals in the Jobs in Luanda section, this might surely help. Thank you! :)

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.