I've been living in KL for a month now, trying to make some friends!

Hi all,

this is an amazing site, it is how I was even able to come to Malaysia with everything figured out.

In any case, I've been here a month now and will be here another month and a half but I'd like to make more friends!

I'm friendly with the other two interns at my office and my flatmate and I are pretty good friends but I'm trying to meet more people.
I'm a third year college student, studying philosophy, from America but I'm here on an architecture internship.

Would love to get to know some new people, go out for some drinks or dinner, or simply chill out.

:]

Hi, My name is Ram, and am working as a finance controller in a leasing company in Qatar- Doha.
Just completed my 3rd place in this country. Previously I was in Dubai for quite a  long time.
I was in KL many years before on a holiday. Its a amazing place and would love to visit it in the near future.
Do drop in a line to my email- [email protected], and we could get to know each other.
Bye and Take care

Hello ffoote.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Kuala Lumpur forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Ram,

If you travel to KL for holiday or other reason(s), let me know!

And that makes sense :]

Thank you, Aurélie!

Hey there...I m working here in a bank and looking to meet up some new people. ..cheers

Hey man, I'm from California, been working out here for about 2 years now. I'll pm you my number. Let me know if you want to meet up and chill.

Hey Freddy, Aussie...if you guys planning a meetup, let me know

my family and i live in KL, i travel back and forth quite often. if you guys are doing a meetup let me know. i would be interested if i am in town..

cheers
mooch

Hey lads!

I'm a local sec school grad, well a soon-to-be to be more precise... I'm really into making good contacts man, and as far as it's been, I've met awesome people here and made decent friends. I do realize that I'm a little young to be on here, haha, but yeah those that I've met didn't/don't really care ;D If you wanna chill sometime just hit me up man! Hope you have great moments in Malaysia! :)

Hi

Hope yer have enjoyed your stay in KL thus far. Whereabout do you work? If is relatively close to Masjid Jamek station, we have friday weekly drinking session after work.

hi. where are you studying you in kl? maybe you can visit to my university and we can be friends as well :)

zaff wrote:

Hey lads!

I'm a local sec school grad, well a soon-to-be to be more precise... I'm really into making good contacts man, and as far as it's been, I've met awesome people here and made decent friends. I do realize that I'm a little young to be on here, haha, but yeah those that I've met didn't/don't really care ;D If you wanna chill sometime just hit me up man! Hope you have great moments in Malaysia! :)

hi. do you play violin better? or still learning?

aussieaussieaussieoioioi wrote:

Hey man, I'm from California, been working out here for about 2 years now. I'll pm you my number. Let me know if you want to meet up and chill.

hi.. where are you working? :) do you like working in here?

ffoote wrote:

Hi all,

this is an amazing site, it is how I was even able to come to Malaysia with everything figured out.

In any case, I've been here a month now and will be here another month and a half but I'd like to make more friends!

I'm friendly with the other two interns at my office and my flatmate and I are pretty good friends but I'm trying to meet more people.
I'm a third year college student, studying philosophy, from America but I'm here on an architecture internship.

Would love to get to know some new people, go out for some drinks or dinner, or simply chill out.

:]

hi. where are you studying you in kl? maybe you can visit to my university and we can be friends as well

Hi there, I am lookin for new friends too. If you come across those closer to my age, would love to hang out, exchange recipes, stories, or just to have an intelligent conversation and coffee. I also made a new Spanish friend , a couple who are new in KL. They are awesome, the lady happens to be my student. I teach her conversation English.
Hope you have met some awesome people too. Have a cool weekend!

Hi, I'am Kelly, nice to meet you. I'am so glad to be friends with you. Let's keep in touch and hang out together next time.

Hi there,
Nice to know. Call me if you like to go for drinks. Hmm email ***
Like to know new people too.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey there. If you guys need a local friend to know more abt KL or malaysia, feel free to pm me. I just came back from a program in the US and gearing to return some hospitality back to expats. Cheers

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section

Hey Guys, my name is Ashi. I've been living and working in KL from past 3 months, looking for friends around, to chill on weekends, to organize any outdoor trips etc.
Looking forward to meet awesome peeps

Hi Bro , We can chillout on Weekend , or can go for drinks , i have been here from  quite some months too , and trying to meet some decent folks around :) ... cheers

Hi guyz,,,ahahha that's all i can say a "Hi" to everyone...cheerz!

hi im analilia from philippines ... residing in Malaysia for 15 years... married here and have kids.. i love meeting people coz im in the networking company.... where do u stay in malaysia... im in singapore for 8 years as a nurse... now i concentrate in networking... do whatsapp me **************. my email  ***********************

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Andy here, I live in Mont Kiara... feel free to PM me and exchange numbers we can meet up! I'm 26 years old..

wicked89 wrote:

Andy here, I live in Mont Kiara... feel free to PM me and exchange numbers we can meet up! I'm 26 years old..

hey there,

i am malaysian 26 years old and  just got back from europe after spending 4 years in london and 2 years in paris. so at the moment i am really homesick of London and Paris and their lifestyles and the people. If you would like to talk to, that would be really good hopefully it can cure the homesickness a little haha ********

Reason : message edited - off topic - please contact us for any query

I'm 26yo Local Chinese. Staying at Kepong, KL. Quit my job as business development manager in a sourcing, import & export company 2 months ago. Right now Self-employed as Real Estate Negotiator. Would like to expand my networking, improving my conversation skills, vocabulary, grammar and etc by meeting new friends.

wish we could meet up some where on the streets of kl. right now i`m not in malaysia... so enjoy your stay there cheers