English International schools

Hi there, I'm looking for help on english international schools.  We are from Canada and I am coming over in August to check out schools.  Any one here anything on The International School of Choueifat-Erbil?  Good or bad?  From the web site it looks like the extra activities, pools, dance, art, music, soccer ect is great!

Thanks so much

Ok thanks, lots to think about.  I am coming the end of August so I will take a look around.
If I home schooled, is there activities my kids could be in?  Soccer, dance, swimming ect?  I don't want my children to be only home with me and no other kids around.
I will have to re think this and read that book.

Hello! I will be moving to Erbil in September. Can you please let me have any information on the schools in Erbil? Choufeiat looks good compared to the British and American schools. This is for my 7 year old son. Thank you!

Hi Fahansi,  I never did end up going to visit in August so I didn't get a chance to check out the schooling.  Yes I agree with the Choufeiat school looking good but I wouldn't rule out the others without looking first.  I was told the Choufeiat you pay a lot of money but don't always get the best education, one of the other school I remember reading that they were moving to a new location which was looking to be really promising.

Hello! Thank you for replying. Yes, Choufeiat is expensive indeed. I emailed the British and American schools but have not received their replies yet, Choufeiat replied immediately. Yes, they are the most expensive compared to other schools in Erbil but if they cannot guarantee the best education, then its all a waste really. I will keep searching as I have some time on my side and thank you for your advice despite not being in Erbil. If I may ask, was it the situation in Erbil or some other factor(s) which made you decide not to go there?

Regards,

Dear all!

If you are looking for an international school I suggest that you check Erbil Bilkent College.
You can find all the information on bilkenterbil.org as well as visit our school.
It's an IB (International Baccalaureate) school who is accredited by CIS (Council of International Schools)

Feel free to ask any questions about the school, curriculum, staff, enrollment and etc.

Hello Explorer107,

Thank you for your reply!

I had a look at the Erbil Bilkent College and the curriculum seemed very interesting. I had some questions and hope you can answer them for the benefit of my seven year old son who is now in Grade I and will be looking forward to admissions in Grade II in Erbil:

a. The term starts in August but my family will only be in Erbil by the end of September. Is it possible that my son gets admission despite the late arrival?

b. What are the timings for the school? Is it an all day school?

c. How much would it cost in terms of admission fee, transportation, food or any other school related expense?

Thank you! Waiting to hear from you!