Got offer in dammam

hi,
we recentaly got offer in dammam.(me n myhusband), so i wanted to know how is the city, culture,people are n we are offered 5000 n 9000 SAR. is it good pay n how much can we save on this? please looking forward for ur reply.

lata1804 wrote:

hi,
we recentaly got offer in dammam.(me n myhusband), so i wanted to know how is the city, culture,people are n we are offered 5000 n 9000 SAR. is it good pay n how much can we save on this? please looking forward for ur reply.

How good the salary is depends on at what stage of your career you are at.

You might be offered an amount which might seem less to me/us, but if its the start of a career fo you it truly should be a decent amount.

If you consider yourself as good with money, you should be able to save good in Saudi. It all depends how'd you lead your life here in Saudi.

Hi,

SAR 9000 is decent if housing and vehicle is provided by the company and it is a very entry level job.

If not, your rental in a decent building would be around 2,500 and add another 2000 for living costs (if you live taking account each of your expenses).

Thanks,
Raunak

hi raunak,
thanks for ur reply,we will have incentives too,apart from salary..
n i hope accomadation n transport is provided.. anyways keep in touch..

hi,
thanks for reply!!!
as i mentioned will be given incentives too

i also wanted to know hows the life for women there??/
Is it safe for women to go out alone? and her social life???/ and when is the weekly off there?

Hi Lata,

It is always good to have a clear idea as to what would be provided to you and what will not be provided to you. Many companies give you a net salary, which includes all cash components - Basic, housing and transportation. They would also need to gove you a health insurance along with annual return air fares/tickets.
Going out for women is safe, but you would not be allowed to drive. Hence, a heavy reliance on taxis. Public transport is not well developed, which does not leave you with options.
Next, there is quite an active social life atlast with the desi crowd. A few associations like Rajasthani, Manglorean, Kannada, Tamil, Bengali do exsist and there many karoke nights around as well. However, on the outside there is no such social life, but, once you start knowing like minded people you would start enjoying your stay.

All the best!
Raunak