Get medical job

My name is dr mumtaz ali memon i am M.B,B.S~+RMP know a days living in Brazil Salvador have 13 years ophthalmic medical and surgical experience,tell me procedure to get here medical job.
Regards

Hello Dr. Memon,

The first step is to have your Medical Degrees recognizes (revalidated) here in Brazil. See the following link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177474

Then you will have to apply to the CREM (Conselho Regional de Medicina) in your state for a license to practice medicine. After that you could either apply to the national healthcare system (SUS - Sistema Unica da Saúde) for a job or you could go into private practice.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hello Dr. Memon.

A new thread has been created from your message on the Salvador de Bahia forum for more interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, is this still the case - we can get our medical degrees validated and then we take an additional exam? It seems a lot less hassle than having to get a residency and then exams.... Can anyone confirm whether this is the process?

It all depends on several factors:

1. Revalidation of your foreign degree and whether or not you have already completed residency and/or been a practicing MD.

2.  The specific requirements that CREM (Conselho Regional da Medicina) will impose, which are usually set on a case-by-case basis, depending on the applicant's background.

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

Do you know a contact for the CREM or anywhere I can get further details. I checked out the website and http://www.cremesp.org.br/?siteAcao=Ser … &id=26 seems to be the page, with this statement:

- No caso de médicos estrangeiros, formados no exterior, apresentar Diploma original devidamente revalidado com cópia simples, cópia simples de sua tradução oficial, cópia simples do Certificado de Proficiência na Língua Portuguesa CELPE-BRAS nível intermediário superior e cópia do documento de identidade - RNE permanente ou publicação do Diário Oficial do deferimento.

So I take it that you physically have to deliver documents to one of regional centres? I am still unclear as the procedure - is it - 1)  get diplomas revalidated 2) get CELPE-BRAS certification then eligible to look for work?

That's the correct procedure. Revalidation is done by a university offering the same program, traditionally they are only done in February, see the website of the university of your choice.

I don't believe that any CREM in any of the states will accept applications by mail or courier. I believe that they do require all applications to be submitted in person. Google "CREM + name of state) and see if any of the various states have different requirements.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team