Hi, new to this blog, I would like to move to Gibraltar with my family

Hi everyone, I would like some advice about moving to Gibraltar. I am a teacher (English and French)and I also have experience and qualifications in admin and customer service. My partner is electrician. Our daughter is 1 year old. It will be nice if someone could give me some information about jobs, accommodation (we would prefer living in a house if possible),and nursery / child minders or school for our daughter.
Also,how would it work if we would like to run our own business?
What place would be best to live in please?
Thank you very much.

Hi 080612av,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through the Gibraltar forum, where you may find some useful information, and as well as answers to your question.

Please, if you have question feel free to ask the on the Gibraltar forum. :)

Regards,

David.

080612av wrote:

Hi everyone, I would like some advice about moving to Gibraltar.(we would prefer living in a house if possible)

Everything is possible, there are a few semidetached starting at £3,500,000

propertygibraltar.com/index.php?type=For+Sale&town=The+island&minbeds=&minRentPrice=0&minPrice=0&maxPrice=100000000&action=forsale

If you want to run your own business your need to register with the DTI, the employment office and the tax office, and company house. fees payable at all except tax office (except of course they charge the most).

You need a Gib address, ie your own place, or you can use a lawyer or an accountant address.  There is work for electricians.  Does your partner have Edition 17?

If you have pots of money (you know, the odd mill or so) you can afford a house.  Most of us live in flats.

There are three nurseries within reach of where I live off Main Street.  All within walking distance.  So you may want to think about that as a starting point for accommodation.