Help please - where can i buy gold and silver bullion and coins?

Hi all,

I am trying to find a reputable business in Malta who sells pure gold and silver bars and coins purely from an investment point of view to protect the devaluation for when i retire.  i have been searching the net all weekend and no luck whatsoever.

does anyone know of such a business in Malta as for the life of me i cannot find one! i know i could have my purchases posted from Guernsey or the UK but thats expensive and not really akin to that method for fear of loss in that it never arrives to my address!

many thanks

Don't know of any in Malta but I have used both UK and GUERNSEY with no problems as they use DHL signed for so the items are insured.
There are a lot of jewellers on the Island that advertise buy and sell gold but it does depend on what amount you are looking for.

Terry

Thanks tearnet. i dont think Jewelers would have what i am looking for, 1kg silver and 1oz + gold. even the Central Bank Malta does not deal in bullion.  may i ask who you use in the uk? the Guernsey supplier i was thinking of using was Guernsey mint.

The last company I used was "bullion UK" based in Bristol, I can't remember the Channel Island one.

Terry

Thank you for your help Terry, appreciated. it seems some of the suppliers i was looking at are not as real cost competitive as where you mention. A little more digging around i think.  Thank you again.

Alan

Why would you want to ship it to Malta anyway?
Just leave it in a safe in Guernsey.

Seat 0A wrote:

Why would you want to ship it to Malta anyway?
Just leave it in a safe in Guernsey.

For a fee!!

You don't want to keep it under your mattress, surely? ;-)

Seat 0A wrote:

Certainly would not leave it with a private company who can close up and walk away whenever they want or any EU bank that can take away your money (Cyprus)without any comeback.

Terry

tearnet wrote:
Seat 0A wrote:

Certainly would not leave it with a private company who can close up and walk away whenever they want or any EU bank that can take away your money (Cyprus)without any comeback.

Terry

so where do you keep it then.....

toonarmy9752 wrote:
tearnet wrote:
Seat 0A wrote:

Terry

so where do you keep it then.....

In a place that is not often visited ....... the back of Newcastle united goal!!!!!

:dumbom:

i think you will find our keeper visits that every game....and then some...

thinking about it though - our strikers dont know where the back of the net is and have been so puzzled as to what that round thing is that they have to kick when they actually get it.

but that aside - where do the mega rich people put their cash for it to be safe etc

toonarmy9752 wrote:

where do the mega rich people put their cash for it to be safe etc

I'll let you know after tonights euro lottery draw Toon :D

ha yeah mate  - do it while you can as you cant do it here!!!!

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Yes you can, online.

yes but if you buy them here online and they trace the purchase as not being made while in uk then you may fail to claim... this has already happened

just to clarify i am talking about uk euromillions not the malta one.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

yes but if you buy them here online and they trace the purchase as not being made while in uk then you may fail to claim... this has already happened

just to clarify i am talking about uk euromillions not the malta one.

The site we use buys the tickets in the UK in your name, nothing illegal, just a fee for doing it.

In fact you can buy tickets via this site for lotteries all around the world, UK,USA, CANADA etc.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Slightly confused, I thought the Euro Lottery was for all EU countries, or is it just for the select few :)

Anyway we did not win so have no reason to buy a big matteress to high all that loverly cash under...

Rocking Ken wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

Slightly confused, I thought the Euro Lottery was for all EU countries, or is it just for the select few :)

Anyway we did not win so have no reason to buy a big matteress to high all that loverly cash under...

We did have a win last night! not the jackpot but enough for a couple of chisk's tonight (you have to be in it to win it).

tearnet wrote:

We did have a win last night! not the jackpot but enough for a couple of chisk's tonight (you have to be in it to win it).

If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all :D

The winning ticket in the €187 million EuroMillions jackpot was sold in County Dublin, Lotto chiefs have revealed.

The lucky punter who scooped  €93.9 million in the draw has been in contact with National Lottery headquarters.

Lotto bosses said the ticket has been verified and they are now working with the winner to help them get their hands on the cash.

It is understood the winner - who will jump in at number 96 on Ireland's Rich List - wants to stay anonymous at the moment.

Over 84,000 EuroMillions players in Ireland won a cash prize in Tuesday night's draw.  The jackpot has been rolling since Friday 7 June 2013.

Earlier, a shop in Sallins, Co Kildare, Ireland prematurely cracked open the champagne where HR manager Laura Maher claimed they may have been the source of the windfall. Only just lived a mile from this small town.

much higher to that in france where i used to live... tiny french villages making its riches overnight.. lots of parties and free drinks all over.. french way of celebrating with lots of calvados...

Hello everyone.

You may start a new topic on the Malta forum to discuss about other issues.

Thanks

Karen :)