Want to make friends !!!!!

Hi , my name haytham i moved here 2 months ago to study electronic music producer , i live in Ghent , i dont know any1 here , and walking around in the city by yourself its more boring than staying home, i look for making friends but its hard

feel free to conttact me

Hey
i'am herehj in Brussels not so far from you
I you want we can communicate
This is up to you
Amandine

hey from Brussels

Hey, Welcome to Gent ive lived here 2 years now. There is lots of events going on and I hope you will enjoy the gentse fessten (I think i spelt it correctly)Its basically a 2 week long street party. I went last year it was one of the best nights out I ever had. However this year I will have to miss it

The Flemish can be quite "closed off" to outsiders. I have noticed that. When I first moved here last year, everyone seemed really rude to me. The people never smiled and I was feeling very shut in. Now people constantly greet me and say, "geweest?" and more to me as I walk down the street and in the shops. I do not have any very close friends as I did in America because I am that sort of person, it takes me a long time to build up relationships with people I trust. I am very very close to my husband's family, and my husband's friends and their girl friends are friendly to me. I do things with them on a regular basis but friends of my own are slow in coming. I just do not trust anyone yet. The language barrier does not help. I speak fluent German and English, I understand Dutch (Flemish) perfectly but I am slow to speak back as I have to translate everything in my head into English and that is slow for me. I am still learning. :)

These groups may help you, also CVO (learning the Dutch language, you will meet others from your nation or who at least speak your language)...that will help. I hope you feel more confident here, as Belgium really is a wonderful country.

Hi Haytham,

How are you, I am Hari from India, Came here on a business visit.
where do you stay.

Hey
this a "long " time without answer simply because I working to my move to Berlin
How is it with you
Amandine Waldmann