Is the consumer slave?

Hi all!
Just to want to share an interesting experience from Saigon Co op mart yesterday and today.
Yesterday we went to Cống Quỳnh co op mart. When we come to check out point, that lady staff show too much empty pride and hesitate to pack the ceramic plates we bought. So I have no other choice but shout at her louder. Anyway she got humiliated in front of other colleagues and customers. I told her that if she hesitate to work, just stay home.:D What to do if people behave like this after get job?
Today we went to Dinh Tien Hoang(it's bigger one) to purchase some shirts for me(Cống Quỳnh co op mart has not much collection). After we select shirts, we went to groceries aisle and wait there for wife to choose something. After sometime she took something and approach the packing counter ( the place where loose items weigh and pack) and I saw one boy shout at her. Soon after another lady staff hold her hand and bring her to the aisle which she pick up that item before I go near them. So I wait near that staff boy till she come back. When she come back I asked her, actually what happened. She said that she took one item but they didn't stick price label on it so she thought to weigh again and affix price label from that boy. When she asked about that he shout at her by saying that's not his business! So, again (:D:D:D) I have no other choice but ask that boy about that. He too much arrogant and want to show up! So.. just guess? Anyway so many customers and staff saw this scene and some staff approach me and beg please calm down. Before that they take that boy from the scene!
From these incidents we understood one thing - many staff working are not happy with their job! ( If so why should they work? Just quit the job, right! Hmmm... money is the problem. yes, they need money. If you want to take money, you should work very hard. Em oi! Nothing is free in this world!!!
Okay guys, going to sleep. Sweet dreams... for me!:D
Did you face similar incidents from anywhere in Vietnam?

charmavietnam wrote:

Hi all!...Yesterday we went to Cống Quỳnh co op mart. When we come to check out point, that lady staff...hesitate to pack the ceramic plates we bought. So I have no other choice but shout at her louder. Anyway she got humiliated in front of other colleagues and customers...Anyway so many customers and staff saw this scene and some staff approach me and beg please calm down. Before that they take that boy from the scene!...

Stay Classy Charma...

charmavietnam wrote:

Nope. And in my entire life I have never once (let alone twice in one day) found it necessary to shout at a grocery store clerk or cause a big scene. After reading about your little saga I do however feel as though I am in need of a nap...

It's just about responsibility . ! Most people are just try to finish their job without thinking or put their heart in.

Erm.... About your problem... I guess already many people been faced but they feel its nothing to be complain about,,, but day by day the more keep ignoring the more thing goes worse... And people don't care because they busy on caring their own problem !
Again ; it's abt responsibility ... But not much people do it !

maybe economics go down and pressure of work

Nam_ wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

Hi all!...Yesterday we went to Cống Quỳnh co op mart. When we come to check out point, that lady staff...hesitate to pack the ceramic plates we bought. So I have no other choice but shout at her louder. Anyway she got humiliated in front of other colleagues and customers...Anyway so many customers and staff saw this scene and some staff approach me and beg please calm down. Before that they take that boy from the scene!...

Stay Classy Charma...

charmavietnam wrote:

Nope. And in my entire life I have never once (let alone twice in one day) found it necessary to shout at a grocery store clerk or cause a big scene. After reading about your little saga I do however feel as though I am in need of a nap...

Give it time, you have only been here a very short time.

People (am not exempted)allow them to behave like these! We cannot say it's because of busy life dear! People are unaware of their rights, even fundamental rights conferred by the constitution! New generation should react. Otherwise need to suffer. It affect the majority, not the minority like 'Nam':D
Nam! for you this just a sedative :D but you should think from the part of the poor people. May be you like people never see the step of Saigon co op mart, right? I shared our experience for the majority. So you can just ignore or can say am showing up. To feel something you should go with your wife and face like me. We can say anything with our tongue which has no born!
Just try to come out from your luxurious life to the common people. Then only you know what is happening in daily life!
If I create a scene, I have sufficient reasons, not only for my wife. That I understood after that scene other customers approach and discussed it. may be colinoscapee is right. You should spent some more time here. Yeah, hearsay is no evidence!

ngaunhien wrote:

It's just about responsibility . ! Most people are just try to finish their job without thinking or put their heart in.

Erm.... About your problem... I guess already many people been faced but they feel its nothing to be complain about,,, but day by day the more keep ignoring the more thing goes worse... And people don't care because they busy on caring their own problem !
Again ; it's abt responsibility ... But not much people do it !

Charmavietnam

You are right !!!!!!

Well there you have it, a nice subtle reply.

Charmavietnam : ha ha ha true mr/mrs.

Because I don't like my fucking sous chef that's why I left the job. The system so shit.  Even I suffering in money but in a way I can find the way to live and it make me feel the peaceful!
Better people deserv in a better place.

Sploke, i followed your comment on a previous post also and you being a foreigner seem to blindly assume that we always screw up. It was quite rich of you telling the guy who got beat up on the previous post to pack up and leave or offer to help packing and it's quite rich now for you to pretend that you understand all subtle nuances of the thinking of the locals when Charm has pointed to you he himself is also married to a local.

I love Vietnam too and have no complaints but it's pathetic that you try to blindly accuse foreigners here for everything and profess your love by blindly accusing foreigners. It's not going to endear you to anyone if that's what you're looking for.

Represenatives of your country, not sure what planet your living on, but I am my own representaive not my countries.

Sploke77 wrote:

Ashard : Ayobowan. Most of us here are married to locals. I had my fun by impersonating a local and that I would imagine is what a local Supermart staff would want to tell rude foreigners given a chance with their limited English. We are still here as representatives of our respective countries, so even expats should follow local practice and not act BiG. Those who stray also need to be told off! It does not mean because I am an expat must condone what expats do when fairness is concerned. Anyway, Ciao for now, I shall take a break!!

Ayubowan, you seem to take the moral high ground and jump at every perceived injustice caused by foreigners over trivial things while belittling foreigners all the time. I probably would let it slide if it was a local but coming from another expat is a bit much. Not everyone is acting BIG here, there are always a few exceptions. I am not here to represent my country, we have an ambassador for that.

Hello everyone.

Some message have been removed from this thread due to their defamatory contents.

I would suggest you to post constructive and useful comments so as to help the other members.

Thank you for your comprehension

charmavietnam wrote:

...It affect the majority, not the minority like 'Nam':D Nam! for you this just a sedative :D but you should think from the part of the poor people. May be you like people never see the step of Saigon co op mart, right?...
Just try to come out from your luxurious life to the common people. Then only you know what is happening in daily life!...may be colinoscapee is right. You should spent some more time here. Yeah, hearsay is no evidence!

You're right Charm I have never been to the "Saigon" Co.op Mart on Cong Quynh. I did not live practically within spitting distance of there the first month I was in Saigon. I certainly have not been there a dozen times or so...

In fact I haven't been anywhere, other than my stately mansion and the back seat of my stretch limo of course. In reality I don't shop for or prepare food at all. When I want to eat I simply open my mouth and a servant/peasant spoons food in.

Driver! Some fellow on the internet opined that I lead too sheltered of a life. Take me somewhere where I can rub elbows with the common man! You'll have to forgive my personal secretary for typing that last line meant for my driver. She is new and just learning the ropes. I am dictating this message while she...oh dear. See what you made me do Charm? While I was providing you with the details of my luxurious lifestyle I spilled caviar all over my Alexander Amosu suit. It looks as though the common man shall have to wait and I must bid you adieu as well. For I shall relax in the Jacuzzi here in the back of my limo on my way to purchase a new suit.

Good day to you Sir!