A few questions about Clark and Boracay

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on a 20 days vacation in the Philippines but it will be my first trip there so I would like to know about a few things.

- Which beach in Borocay is nice and less touristy? I would like to stay near the Boat Station 1,2 or 3. And do you know any decent, affordable hotel I can stay at?

- A friend who was there for a while said she rarely saw vegetable dishes on the local menu, while I love vegetables and love trying out the local cuisine of a country/place. Is it true that the Filipinos only consume meat?

- What are the tourist attractions in Clark? I would want to stay there for a couple of days before or after Boracay island.

Thanks for the time and answers!

Annie

Sophie Fisher wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on a 20 days vacation in the Philippines but it will be my first trip there so I would like to know about a few things.

- Which beach in Borocay is nice and less touristy? I would like to stay near the Boat Station 1,2 or 3. And do you know any decent, affordable hotel I can stay at?

- A friend who was there for a while said she rarely saw vegetable dishes on the local menu, while I love vegetables and love trying out the local cuisine of a country/place. Is it true that the Filipinos only consume meat?

- What are the tourist attractions in Clark? I would want to stay there for a couple of days before or after Boracay island.

Thanks for the time and answers!

If you're looking for a bargain in rooms(1000php), cleaner water and possibly better food...You may want to do Bantayan Island, northwest of the main island of Cebu one of the most beautiful in the world...One hour ferry ride just west from Northern Cebu Island..It is my understanding it is cheaper than Boracay and just as beautiful...I have heard stories the water in many areas of Boracay are littered with trash..Also the weather at Bantayan may be better...About Clark I really couldn't help...Personally,I think there are better places to go than Clark...

Annie

Hello  there,
Regarding of what you asked for, I would highly push you through continuing Boracay vaccay-you won't regret it. I'm not a traveller, however I fell in-love to the island.
Boracay is a foreign destination which mean you will think that you're in the foreign country-it's crowded of foreigners especially koreans which I think is the majority of the tourist in the island.

Concerning to food-the hotel can surely serve veges, however seafood is what you find more. You wrote that you'll love to try local cuisine, Bora is serving seafood cuisine which maybe you deal with during your stay there. And start your veges cuisine when you're in the province where you find variety of veges especially in the market-haha, I'm sarcastic now. But seriously, I love veges too and we grow some in the backyard. And about Filipino consuming meat? perhaps yes to those not a health freak, but it's not a vast as it really depends on a person.
I see that you're korean, you won't feel a stranger in there, because I was amazed by these local vendors selling goodies to korean tourist in korean language-I was like "seriously? they pronounce it really well and the korean tourist  was like "leave me alone" haha-I honestly don't understand a word.
More so-hotel? I cannot reccommend a modest price, but there are many hotel and apartments to stay that are very close to the beach station 1,2 and 3. Try to find online. 

Last about boracay, don't miss the night life. I really regretted of missing it:( and I wanted to go there agian when financial is getting better. The hotel and boat rides and souveniers empty your pocket-girls can't go home without grabbing a thing-duhh

Clark
Nothing is wow about clark really, its the same like other places, not really develop and I would say it is not a tourist attraction for me, however, if you like night life and love girlies-you'll enjoy it there. Well, not definitely in clark, I was talking about Angeles city, but they're close cities. Anyway, the point is-going to clark and see around is not bad-it's still a strange place for you and you surely will love meeting locals and taking photos of the surroundings.

Now-if you like to get some recommendations to make your 20 days Philippine tour-go see bohol where chocolate hills is standing and meet their tarsier :) I never been there, but almost, it was another regression, we just runned out of time when we are in Cebu.

Bagiou is close to Clark, well, not very close but heading to it. I never been there and I wanted very badly to visit the place where temperature dropped to 3 degree selcius as the lowest record. They have strawberry farm as well that I'm looking forward to pick-you can harvest and pay what you haev taken, sounds so fun.

In Mindanao as well, you'll get the water rafting adventure, camiguin Island where you get the cold and hot spring and a lot to mention really...

Nevertheless, Boracay is a good picked.
If ever you need a guide, Im already packed :) haha

Bon voyage
KJ

Not much in Clark,just an airport that I assume your flying into from Korea. You can take the bus to go to Manila, about a 2 hour ride and see some sights, but best to do through a travel guide and not on your own. Other option is to go to Subic/Baloy beach and can see some sand. If your into golf or diving, then you are in luck as Batangas is doable, just need to plan an extra day for decompression. Tons of golf courses in Clark area.

Hi guys, thank you all so much for the input!!

I guess I'm just going to stay in Boracay island and maybe head to Manila on the way back. I also checked out a blog site called Eating Asia and I read the Philippines section, the food looks mighty tasty!!! I really cant wait to be there!

Vetretreat, Bantayan sounds wonderful but I really want to see Boracay, as everyone who's been there told me its beautiful! I shall plan a second trip :-)
Karren, the seafood dishes that I saw online are looking delicious! I'll be sure to have some!
Dhnindc, is it risky to head to Manila by bus on my own?

I will be flying from Jakarta, I am Indonesian who's been living in South Korea since January this year :-)

Sophie Fisher wrote:

Hi guys, thank you all so much for the input!!

I guess I'm just going to stay in Boracay island and maybe head to Manila on the way back. I also checked out a blog site called Eating Asia and I read the Philippines section, the food looks mighty tasty!!! I really cant wait to be there!

Vetretreat, Bantayan sounds wonderful but I really want to see Boracay, as everyone who's been there told me its beautiful! I shall plan a second trip :-)
Karren, the seafood dishes that I saw online are looking delicious! I'll be sure to have some!
Dhnindc, is it risky to head to Manila by bus on my own?

I will be flying from Jakarta, I am Indonesian who's been living in South Korea since January this year :-)

I wouldnt worry so much about traveling by bus..you should be perfectly safe on major bus lines and highways..but always beware of pick pockets and never leave your bags unattended...Potential thieves tend to be around where tourists gather looking for opportunities...

About Boracay..I also plan to see it in the future..I just suggested Bantayan because you indicated you were looking for cheaper lodging and it is my understanding it is fairly expensive in Boracay...

Bus is fine. You can use Philtranco, which does many runs from Clark to Megamall in Manila.

philtranco.com.ph/

From Megamall, you can catch a taxi or take the MRT, which has a stop next door at ADB.

If you can, leave your bags at Clark or find a hotel to check in if your staying over night there. I dont know of hotels in Clark, but I do stay at Boomerang which is Angeles. At the very top of Fields so not as bad as down the street. A lot of families stay there so it should be fine.  Its p1800 a night, celan and safe. You can have them pick you up from Clark.

If any problems or questions, let me know as I work nearby.

Thank you again guys! Your informations are very helpful. Many thanks!

Yes, I think I will leave my suitcase in Clark when heading to Manila. It'll just make it so much easier :-)

Hi SOphie:
I was in Boracay a couple of weeks ago.  You can go on hostelworld.com and find some of the less expensive places. Plenty of veggies there.  And seafood.  And many Koreans.;)
Boracay is relatively expensive.  $35 for parasail.  $35 for helmet dive. Hotels are very expensive.  If you enjoy beaches and the sun, you will have a good time. Also the night life is good. Too many touts trying to sell you something and the beach is lined with hundreds of little shops doing the same. So that detracts (to me) Enjoy irregardless.  It is better to regret things you have done than to regret things you did not do.

garyww wrote:

Hi SOphie:
) Enjoy irregardless.  It is better to regret things you have done than to regret things you did not do.

Depends on what you did or did not do...I don't like your last statement...If you did things which you regretted and had pain and sorrow...than I must rather regret I didnt do them....

I still think she should consider Bantayan...Just as nice and less expensive and no hustle and bustle and the Korean arrogance...

Well, if you can give it some thought, maybe it will make sense

garyww wrote:

Hi SOphie:
I was in Boracay a couple of weeks ago.  You can go on hostelworld.com and find some of the less expensive places. Plenty of veggies there.  And seafood.  And many Koreans.;)
Boracay is relatively expensive.  $35 for parasail.  $35 for helmet dive. Hotels are very expensive.  If you enjoy beaches and the sun, you will have a good time. Also the night life is good. Too many touts trying to sell you something and the beach is lined with hundreds of little shops doing the same. So that detracts (to me) Enjoy irregardless.  It is better to regret things you have done than to regret things you did not do.

Thank you so much for the info garyww!

Im happy to hear theres plenty of veggies. Hehe.
I could care less about all the watersports, since all I wanna do is lie down on the beach enjoying the sun :-)

Btw, what about massage parlors or massage by the beach?
Is it similar to Bali or Thailand? Dying for a good massage :-)

Thank you guys!

Hi Sophie:
Hundreds of Massage places on the beach. Same as Bali and Thailand and Viet Nam and Cambodia.  :lol: Enjoy your time on the beach.  Hope you find a good inexpensive place to stay.  My phone is 09497929300 if you run into trouble.  Take care.
Gary