Re: living in Jamaica

Hi All

Please can you tell me what it's like living and easy it is to settle in to completely different country like Jamaica, especially if any of you out there have moved from England I would particularly be interested in hearing from you.
I currently live in England with my wife and have been to montego bay lots of times on vacation and are now thinking about the idea of possibly moving to Jamaica.
Can you advise on whether you think it's a sensible idea and easy it is to do.
Please let me know your feedback.

Many thanks
Jon

Hi Jon,
Like everywhere else Jamaica can be challenging but it can also be rewarding. Just find a nice place to live make some good friends and don't be obvious . There are lots of people living here from all over the world and they are quite happy . Feel free to email me if you have any questions.  Are you planning to work when you come here ? what part of the island do you plan to settle ?

Thanks Mrose,
We are hoping to move to montego bay as we have stayed there 3 times so we know a few people from the hotel that I've kept in contact with and we know and like the area. Yes I'm hoping to find a job before we come out to Jamaica then find somewhere to rent for a period first to see how we settle in but not having much luck in finding a job.
Are you an expat or are from Jamaica?
Many thanks for responding to my post it's much appreciated.
Please feel free to email me back
Jon

Hi
I am an American but my parents are Jamaican. I have dual citizenship and growing up we always had to visit Jamaica so I had all my connections already. Good luck with a job what are you looking to do ?

Hi,
I work as an accountant so I'm looking to find a similar role in Jamaica, ideally in montego bay.
Are you based in Jamaica mow or the states?
Kind regards
Jon

I live in jamaica. Well accountants are always needed here .