Haze: come to SG or cancel trip?

Hi everyone!

We've planned to arrive in SG for family holiday tomorrow morning (two kids aged 2 and 4).
Now the question is whether to cancel the trip, or go with it.
The past days seem not to have been holiday season in Singapore, but then I've just heard it's clearing up again.

Is the air any good at all now? Any sings of clearing up or worsening...?

Jan

You should go ahead. why do you want to cancel last minute?
I'm sure you planned this holiday right?
To cancel it would be a waste. In Singapore the whether is somewhat humid, rains alot, sunny some days...and so on.

Dont let this stop you. Singapore is a beautiful county and when you visit it, you will see what i mean. Just be preapred for the weather conditions.. put that aside the country has some nice places to sight see.. :)

Enjoy your holiday... :cool:

We got a travel insurance, so if there's health hazard, and we cancel last minute, we'd get a refund.

And a PSI of 401 is a health hazard.

Thanks for sharing this info - i wasn't aware of this. Then if you have young children, you should be concerned. :|

Just had a look at this and the readings in June are quite high (this week) ! :huh:

I think jazzy doesn't live in SG. Cancel the trip.

My workplace is in the Marina Bay area. I took a taxi to work, to beat the haze. I developed severe headache and irritation in my throat; took a day off eventually. Right now, it is very bad. You don't want to visit now, with kids. Plan a trip once the haze is gone, and have a good time here.

I think jazzy doesn't live in SG

You're right i dont live in Singapore. I've only visited on short trips there.

JanKrohn has posted infomation on PSI and i looked at this and saw how bad it is. Therefore i posted my reply after JanKrohn, mentioning its quite bad and that he should be concerned for his children.. :|

Alright. Cheers mate.

The bags are unpacked... Sigh...