Moving from England to Shenzhen, China

I am 26 years of age and will be moving from England to Shenzhen, China over the summer. Please can anyone advise the best place to live close to schools. We have been looking at Nanshan, is this a good place to live? Is the cost of living more than it is in England? If anyone can give my any information at all I would be extremely grateful.

Many Thanks

Sevensea

Hello Sevensea.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Shenzhen forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

Welcome to China, yes Nanshan is a nice place to stay. You just engage with some properties agent to help you out they'll show you those units that near to your prefer location. I'm staying in Luohu, shenzhen if you need any help just drop me a message. Living standard obviously cheaper than UK base on currency exchange.

Well. May I ask you a question about the reason you have to find a place next to school.

If you are taking summer course and looking campus life experience, student accommodation is a good option. But the thing is which school are you going to attend. Besides Universities, I don't think other school has accommodation or similar facilities.

If you are going to Shenzhen University, Nanshan is a good place. Compared to Luohu and Futian district, Nanshan has a lower population density but not desolate. Metro connects you to major part of the city so please make sure metro station is in a reasonably walking distance from your accommodation.

Personally I love Futian district (where the Shenzhen CBD situated) because I really enjoyed a year of city life there. You may drop me a message for more information and see if I can give you any advice.

Best!

Yeah, it depends on what kind of schools you are talking about. I'm living in Nanshan, there are some really nice neighborhoods here. I have a friend living in Citic Mangrove Bay, a very nice apartment building, with the view of Shenzhen Bay. I like it there.

Try to find a place near a subway station, it's the best advice.