Free weight gym equipment

hey all.........anyone know of somewhere I could go to pick up some free weights and bars, stuff like that?

Hello cdn_expat,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe this can help you > Sports equipment in Riyadh.
Or, you can also post an advert in there too ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.

cdn_expat wrote:

hey all.........anyone know of somewhere I could go to pick up some free weights and bars, stuff like that?

Free= free of cost? If yes, sorry there can't be a place :) j/k

Yes, they are available in almost all sports shops. I recall I've seen dumbles in SACO even. Sports shops is your reply. Check out one called Granada Sports first floor right on Exit-7.

Hi cdn_expat

For free weights hmmmm not I don't know

but for Cheap weights u can find it at Al malaz (Sixtieth Street) after jarer street Signal

there are a lot of sport shops right and left the street

'Free weights' is a gym term @NEBRAS. The person has to pick up dumbells and barbells core on the body rather than any support from any machine. It's much more effective for strength development as you have to enable another body framework to balance the heavy weight apart from just lifting it. So, this thread has nothing to do with pricing.

The thing I threw above was just kidding :P

Is now looking à service from office to house..Any one want feel free to call...

TheLegendLeads wrote:

'Free weights' is a gym term @NEBRAS. The person has to pick up dumbells and barbells core on the body rather than any support from any machine. It's much more effective for strength development as you have to enable another body framework to balance the heavy weight apart from just lifting it. So, this thread has nothing to do with pricing.

The thing I threw above was just kidding :P

you are absolutely right this is my mistake of not understanding  what he mean with "free"
I'm sorry for that

thanks for all the replies.  Are there any sporting goods stores that sell this type of equipment?  Im specifically looking for plates/bars and maybe a bench.