Moving to Beijing

My family and I are moving to Beijing this summer.  We have a 15 year old teenager moving with us who is very interested in attending WAB.  we are looking at the Rose and Ginkgo compound.  Can anyone gives us information on any ex-pats living there and if this compound has had many housing problem/issues.  We are very excited to move to Beijing and learn more about the city and the Chinese people and culture.  We appreciate any info Thx

Hi danirhia.

I am moving to China in August, and will be living next door to the WAB with my host family. I have only heard good things about the compounds near WAB and diplomatic compounds in other parts of China, too.

They all (on the looks of their wbesites and of what I've heard) seem of good standard with nice houses, facilities, security, etc.
I would recommend you to use Google Earth to look at the compounds in Beijing.
Usually, people living in the compounds will have posted pictures from the compounds which are available on Google Earth.

Best Regards,

Thank You Dennis for you feed back.  We too have heard nothing but good things about WAB and the surrounding area.

I have two teenagers attending WAB (gr 10 and gr 12) and it really is a fab school.  Great environment all around.

Not sure that I would recommend Rose and Ginko as a great location based on proximity to the school.  I haven't personally looked at the compound, I have passed by so know the location, but unless you have a car and driver your family may feel a bit isolated.

The closest compounds to WAB are Lane Bridge (directly across the street,) Grand Hills and Beijing Riviera and Cathy View.

I live closer to the Pinnacle Plaza area and it is great for the kids as they can easily walk or bike to Starbucks or Euro Plaza to hang with their friends.

If you have any specific questions about moving here please feel free to contact me off line and I will do my best to help answer.

Cheers!

you can ask me if you need my help,i am a native beijing girl

welcome