Corn Tortillas

I recently moved to Nuvali, Sta Rosa, Laguna area.  I want to purchase fresh CORN tortillas.  I've shopped for them whenever I go to a market with no luck.  I searched the Internet and I've written to a few manufacturers - no replies.  Do you know of a specific market that sells Fresh Corn Tortillas ? ? ?

I also been looking for corn and flower tortillas and no luck! Did you ever find any Easy?

YES - I found FRESH corn tortillas . . .  however we need to purchase in quantity as they sources do not sell to retail markets - -only to restaurants!  Try my email - [email protected] and I will provide details and even recipes.

Good Day,

I am an entrepreneur from karachi and looking for tortilla's formulation and equipment from Philippine, unfortunately i do not know anyone nor i speak their language. It would be much appreciated if you could help me out somehow.

Your earliest response will be really appreciated. my viber, whatsup  is +923343766988 email id is [email protected]

What about making by yourself?

The Internet provides very good recipes if you invest in searching.

Super easy recipe, and video shows how to prepare these fresh corn tortillas. (link to the written recipe in the description)

http://youtu.be/oozq1v6i3pQ

Cheers,
James            Expat-blog  Experts Team

good day james,

We are running a restaurant chain in Pakistan and we require 6 month batch recipes for tortilla. Currently we are making a fresh tortilla but it taste is not as good as mission, tia rosa or any big brand. just wonder how they process their tortillas from flour to preservative.

There is a small Mex restaurant in the Fort Strip (Manila) that makes their own corn tortillas.  Very good. Their salsa is a miss though.  Could probably buy the tortillas from them.

Ha ha ha ! I been here in Philippines and dislike the food more and more.
Rice
Rice
Rice
Very few veggies almost always over cooked
Lots of fat and organ meats=chlorestoral
And, yeah, they really bastardized foriegn foods
Most stuff is fried

That's Why I need to bring a tortilla factory in the Philippines.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Ladies and gentlemen, may I remind you this section of the forum is  English only - other languages can be found by clicking the flag at the top right of the page.
I would also ask posters refrain from swearing, please.

Hi everyone,

Please note that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

@Jameskleach I was making them in Angeles and sold a few to local restaurants but then Covid hit

Hi brutusdragonheart,

Welcome to expat.com!

Please note that you are commenting on a thread that has been inactive since May 2018. It is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

If you want to share your experience, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Manila forum.

Vero
Expat.com team

@easyrider coming soon to Dasmarinas  Americana The good food Co. is selling fresh made corn tortillas online starting the middle of December 2022 also selling fresh made corn tortilla chips using authentic old world Mexican Recipes . [link moderated]

@casasint

How do I get in touch with this company. I'm looking for bulk tortillas and possibly chips.

Good to hear there will be a supplier. It's hard to believe that it is so hard to find simple corn tortillas in the Philippines, especially considering the Spanish heritage, but I know from experience that it is. They were briefly available at Rustans but no longer. I found them in Vietnam of all places, lol.

@easyrider coming soon to Dasmarinas Americana The good food Co. is selling fresh made corn tortillas online starting the middle of December 2022 also selling fresh made corn tortilla chips using authentic old world Mexican Recipes . [link moderated]
-@casasint

Since the link wasn't allowed, I searched and found nothing.

@ramin.mehdi

You need lard to make them taste good