British guy looking to make Saudi friends

Hi,

I'm from London, UK

I currently work in Riyadh as a business consultant. I have been here for 8 months and I'm getting bored.

I'm very interested in Saudi people/culture. I enjoy learning Arabic. The problem is that I don't get much chance to interact with locals.. and I can only practise Arabic with indians/pakistanis etc in cafes/shops/taxis.

So, I'm looking to make friends with locals... just to hang out, maybe language exchange and generally make friends and connections :)

Hi HarryUK

how r u?
well I'm business consultant too and I speak Arabic and I have been here  in Riyadh for 5 years 

But

I am not Saudi :rolleyes:

so I hope u can find local one and enjoy here with him

if u want to learn arabic and make  language exchange  here I am

Thank you for your message Nebras!

Where are you from?

Syria

Cool, I use to live in Syria a few years ago, I like your country very much. I am glad to meet Syrians also.

Welcome Harry,
I am dutch, I have been here for 21 years already (yeah watch out, it coud well happen to you!)I work as an English-Arabic interpreter.
I have a former saudi colleague, a great guy, very friendly, who asked me more than once if I knew a native English speaker. He thinks he needs to enhance his conversational English. So it could be a win-win thing: he speaks Arabic to you and you correct his English or the other way around! ;-)
His name is Fahad and his mobile [moderated: avoid putting on public forum].
Tell him you call on behalf of Yaqoob.

Take care mate,
YQB

HarryUK wrote:

Cool, I use to live in Syria a few years ago, I like your country very much. I am glad to meet Syrians also.

Really ' its good Coincidence

I will send a message to u with my number and my Skype

Hi I am british pakistani heading to riyadh end of this month ! i am originally a Midlands boy ping across a message !

hay harryUK

I would be glad to meet up with you whenever I'm in Riyadh, or we could meet whenever you are in Sharqiyah (dammam or khobar)

I would advise you to meet whoever you contact in the coffee shops of Tahlia first just to know each other. Then you can go from there.  (no offense to anyone. this advise should be used for anyone meeting new people from the web)

any way pm me for more info.

hey harry how u doin :D am saudi but im in jeddah .. so am glad to teaching ya arabic :)

hey HarryUK , u r more than welcome ... im local from riyadh city ....
best lucks

Hello, I'd love to know you! give me your Email.

Hi Sir HarryUK, I've been in riyadh before and I've been with great westernian and british people, hope you can find good local people in riyadh, goodluck.

alright mate! Hope your well. Im a british Saudi based in Riyadh working as a senior credit analyst. I dont mind meeting up and getting to know you. Anyway pm me with info about ur self. Cheers