Leasing a car

Hey,

I'm moving to Kuwait at the beginning of September and I'm wondering what the cost to lease a car would be and any general advice

Thanks in advance,

David

Welcome to kuwait soon.....

hi,i was ask about lease a car,depends from model and year ...ect,but they say in common : normal car -starting from 150 kd per month,plus ,i think u need to make kuwaitian driving license.good luck

Thanks for your response. I was looking at getting some kind of 4x4 - are there any deposits needed, length of contract, recommended companies etc

Also I've read that some wont lease to employees of certain companies?

Thanks

I can give some info: you can rent a car on a visitor's visa from 150 KD per month from Al mulla/Araba at the airport. Basic Mitsibushi Lancer 2012 model. The other companies are more expensive. Don't know about 4 x 4s.

Don't need a minimum length - we rent month by month. They do want an imprint of the credit card though in case of accident etc.

We just drove to airport and talked to each company, got prices, tried to do a deal with the cheapest one.

You'll have more options I am told if you get your Kuwaiti DL.

Hi I have hied a car through a company in Shuwaikh.They are cheaper than other companies, not initially but if you haggle a little you will get a much better offer from them. All ex pats with our company now use them. If you want the details let me know.
You will pay a monthly rate and then an additional insurance fee which you can choose by month or longer periods, which is inexpensive as long as you have a UK driving license.

Thanks for the info

The details of the company would be great

I would be interested in the details of your company. The best offer I could get (bearing in mind its an international drivers license that my husband is driving on) was 150 KD per month. If you think the company in Shuwaikh has better options than that, please post some details as I, for one, would be willing to go and see them and ask about their terms. 

The car rental company I am currently using( at Al Mulla/Araba) seems to be charging a bit of an excessive fee for the type of vehicle I am getting and the breakdown service I experienced when I had a flat tyre was not very good, at all. We had major issues getting someone to come and just give us a spare tyre when one of them blew out. We changed the tyre on the side of the road - all we wanted was a replacement brought to us later in the day because it was a completely ruined tyre, but we had to make 4 mobile phone calls because each person told us to call someone else, and in the end they turned up with no suitable tires; promised they would come the next morning; didn't come the next morning, wanted us to go to them, etc etc. And the company told us that we were paying a premium for their excellent roadside service when we first rented from them.

So, I'd be willing to change companies. Do you want to give out the details of the company or do you want us to PM you to request one to one?

The company we use is Automak Automotive Co. 022269200

I have never broken down or had a puncture, nor know anyone that has, so cant comment on the service from that side.They offer good service and are very good at  servicing the vehicles. Most of their vehicles are new, Mine is 2013 and had 3000kms on the clock. You get what you pay for, if you want a very cheap vehicle, im sure they will find one for you.

That's very useful, thanks. Would you mind if I ask how much you pay for that?

I pay 220 a month for my car. My colleagues pay 170kd upwards dependant on the car! The cheapest they offered me before any negotiation was 160kd so Im sure you will get a fair bit off that price! They also have very expensive vehicles if you want something more upmarket!