Sending money abroad + suitcases

Greetings, forum readers.

*Which service do you recommend for sending money abroad? I was told that I should have my native country's currency in hand to give, but Al-Amoudi said I needed to change that currency to riyals before sending money.  What about Western Union? Also, does Western Union have a max on how much one can send in a day? What is the fee they charge?

*I would like to get a new suitcase since I think one of mine is partly damaged to the point that it should be discarded.  I will soon be in the U.S., so if I can eke out one more use of this suitcase, I might, but what is the price comparison of a decent suitcase in Jeddah vs. one in a big U.S. city?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Samsonite and American Tourister are probably the best known and most reliable luggage mfgrs. in the US (which isn't to say there aren't others). 

Their suitcases are more expensive but the thing is, large dept. stores--like Macy's--always have 1/2 price sales. ALWAYS.

Another option is EBAY.  If you know where you're going to be staying, order the luggage online and have it delivered to the address.

As to how this compares with Jeddah prices for the same caliber luggage, sorry I don't know.

Enjoy your trip!

Forget the banks and Western Union..they take to large a fee.

Try a local money transfer businness. They are dotted all over Saudi. Fees are usually no more that 30riyals, max.