I got a offer for KL loaction,

Hi All,

I an from bangalore, India.
i got a offer  for  KL loaction.
Having 12 Yrs of exp. banking services.
They offered me 15000 RM/Month.
I am coming with my wife and 8 year Kid studied in class 3.
Is that salary is enough for me with some saving.

Your Help needed.

15k is pretty decent salary in itself, but watch out for the schooling fees.. Its a killer here in KL.. Do your research well enough..
As for rent, 2.5-3k should be okay for a condo.
These are the two major hole burners..
And you will be taxed at flat 26% for first six months till you become a tax resident.
Cheers..!

@coolguy..

where do you stay?which part of kl? and what are the standard advance/deposit amounts for rentals? It was 1 month in SG...hows it in KL?

Apart fromBangsar or Mt kiara...other areas near the city should be about 2.5k for a 1
or 2 bhk?

Yeskay
I stay in Taman Connaught.. Its almost on the city limits towards Kajang. My condo rental is 1600 per month fully furnished.
To move in I had to pay up 3 months advance rent, one month rent as utilities cover and then 500 RM for rental agreement. In all I paid up 6900..!
More or less it should be same all over the city.
Cheers..!

I would negotiate for more. UK lawyers are earning 5 figure salaries, you are nothing less, I assume you are Indian. Try to negotiate for accommodation, car and schooling. Different salaries for people from across the world is demeaning. Let us face it, they want you.

Hi vaisriva,

A new topic was created on the Kuala Lumpur Forum for better visibility.

Thank you,

David.

oh oh! 3 months...thats quite a lot but well in totality since rent is affordable i think its OK...

Its possibly the same for room shares?

I think I did ask you, but just making sure, which area the areas would you suggest i should check /look for with/without agents help...if am going to work in bukit damansara..and prefer to stay close to work...(and price ranges -studios/1bhk)

Heard Bangsar is good tho expensive.

And the taxation 6 months gets normalized after 6 months??

How long did you work visa take?

Thanks

Yeskay
If you wanna share room with other flatmates, its quite the trend here. It will cost you around 700 for a nice middle room. I am not sure about the advances part in case of room sharing.
Yes Bangsar is very expensive.
Bukit damansara, hmmmm I am not sure about that place. You might wanna ask other members about that area.
Yepp after six months (180 days) you become a tax resident provided you dont leave the country for more than a week in those six months. Hope the rules are still the same. I researched about it like an year ago.. haha..
Cheers..!

Hi

With the years of experiences you have, it is sure that u are considered as expatriate with very good package. Try to negotiate with the accommodation and the transportation. If you can manage to ask for the above two item, your life would be easier and can life very nice in KL.

Good luck and all the best in your life in KL!

I agree. 15k low. That is 12k after tax with 2.5k on rent 1.5k on car then school 4k all in a month. So 4k left for food, bills, clothes and ... Realistically no savings.

You can pay less for a school but then McDonald's might not be hiring when they leave school .......!!

Realistically in banking 25k min. Or 15k plus accom plus school fees