Dal Al Riyadh Company

I been offered a 2 yr. contract to work for this company. Has anyone heard of this company and how are they as an employer? I'm kind of hesitant to say yes without any information on this. They are an engineering/consultant/construction company base from their website.
I would appreciate any feedback.

thanks all

Dear Raylarch,
I suggest you Musicman can realy help you becuase I also got a job offer from a Investment firm in Riyadh & Musicman confirm about company information
so better to wait for reply from Musicman
Best Regards,
- Prasad Auti
Mumbai, India

did you take the offer given to you or did you decline it base on the info you recieve about the company?
thanks Prasad

i think you mean "Dar AL Riyadh" not Dal ....

well, its a company run by a royal someone, they are usually working with ARAMCO, and as far as I can tell, they are legit, I worked for them for like a week :lol:

but if its dar al riyadh, there good. but dont just take my word for it, get more feedback and check them out more on your own.

Salman

Dear Raylarch,

Yes, I signed Offer for 2 yrs with this company & am going to join in May 2010
Wish u gud luck
- Prasad

thanks for the info Salman!

I think it's dar alriyadh not dal please confirm

If it's dar alriyah that's very good company I am working in one of their projects in riyadh .

I can help you just confirm first .

maktabi - yes my mistake - the company is Dar Al Riyadh

The name of the project is King Abdullah Financial District / Business located north of the city
It is currently under construction

Are you working up there? if so what do you do?

Ray and the Gang,
Its a massive project which has seen some ups and downs over the past few years but is chudding along smoothly as I hear.

Initially the Operations management contract for the overall project contsruction was awarded to a local company called RAKISA where a very close Saudi friend of mine was the COO. A Kuwaiti company is the Consulting arm. Apparently Rakisa have now been tasken off the equation, for whatever reason I have no clue and my friend is also back to his own small consulting business. I dont ask nosey questions, even from my friends, hence I cannot tell what exactly happened. In fact tyhis friend is my currenbt sponsor under whom my Iqama is registered although he has allowed me to carry on my Private IT Consultancy as I please without any strings attached.

From what I hear thru the grapevine Dar Al Riyadh is a big player in the project now. They are involved in Engineering, Contracting, IT Consulting & Services too and possibly owned by some biggie up there in the sands.

Good Luck and lets hope we will see you here soon.

go ahead man It's good company and one of the biggest project now in riyadh nice project .

no I am working in King Saud University for helth since project

greta info - thanks
i will be leaving for riyadh in 2 weeks  - hope to see you all there

Maktabi - get those beers ready - :D

OK now I am told that the WIPRO India - Dar Al Riyadh link is not more cos WIPRO have established their own offices in Jeddah and AlKhobar.

However, the fact remains that Dar Al Riyadh is MASSIVE, intio IT Services, Engineering, Construction etc.

Good Luck

we'll be waiting for you ray, perhaps you might be the first member of Expat Club.... :rolleyes:

perhaps you might be the first member of Expat Club

AHEM!

:mad:

not me - i'm just a probie (beginner) - u guys are the expert on this. I'm sure I have plenty to learn about.
u guys are very helpfull

this is the place to, ask and you shall be given....
with the best of our abilities, of course
enjoy!!!

correction - the site (KAFD) is located at the following street intersections : King Fahad Road / North Ring Road and Takhassusi Road

Any one in this area - let me know

Salman Omrani wrote:

perhaps you might be the first member of Expat Club.... :rolleyes:

can u please elaborate this?

correction - the site (KAFD) is located at the following street intersections : King Fahad Road / North Ring Road and Takhassusi Road

Any one in this area - let me know

i heard that once its complete, my office is gonna shift there

there you go shahab - i will make sure that your office is well built and to your taste. It's going to make you feel right at home :)

raylarch wrote:

there you go shahab - i will make sure that your office is well built and to your taste. It's going to make you feel right at home :)

thank ray...let us meet and discuss the plans and let me make a wishlist... ;)

i'm sure everything is affordable there.

Shahab -alliecat wants take a field trip to Bahrain in the new Expat Club .

Ray, thats the area between exit 4/exit 3 on the North Riung Road. I live on Exit which is abt 3 km away only. Not too far away. In reality a five minute drive during non peak hours on the North Ring Road.

(moderated: no free ads)

hi i m a new member to this site..i really like this site and enjoying reading different views and ideas.I live in Pakistan but had been living in SA for about 18 years..I hv recently join an IT solution company tht is working in Riyadh based in Pakistan.I want to make new contacts so tht i can find some clients there..any suggestions plz do share with me.

Welcome Saraand
You will find most of your inquirries here in the forum
People here are very helpfull
Try to keep in touch

Let me have your area of expertise and the type of IT solutions and services you guys provide. Maybe we can give you some business since we have lots of IT projects on the pipeline.

Thank you musicman and raylarch.I feel very fortunate and am overwhelmed of having the wonderful opportunity to be associated with this forum.

once in Saudi and started to work on the construction project, yes I will forward your company's info to the right people that I will be working with and hope they can use your company's services
keep in touch

Thanks for your concern raylarch.

Alliecat wrote:

perhaps you might be the first member of Expat Club

AHEM!

:mad:

okay okay, but you aint just a member. vice president was it? :rolleyes: so yeah I can call him first :D

shahab.ali wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

perhaps you might be the first member of Expat Club.... :rolleyes:

can u please elaborate this?

sure I can :P

but seriously, we havn't officially met so no one is yet a member till we actually create the darn club and be sitting somewhere together doing some darn thing.

well, no one but a certian VP and a FMCC..
now dont go asking me whats that. :D

Salman

i think we are all members by default. its just that we havent had the glorious opportunity to sit round a table and talk openly even though we do interact online on the forum. Basically, its a need to have a face to face event over some coffee or meal, abhaya or no abhaya.... soon, hopefully...

i would suggest meeting at someones homeor a compound. if possible, for starters.

I can arrange a meeting at Romaizan Compound through friends who live in there if the members are willing to come over...

will join definitely...in may
ready to come anywhere sir...

sounds like a plan - but first let me settled in the city and the place I will be calling home for the next 2 years.

Romaizan Compound is quite a 'hike' but it's the perfect place.  I've been to the restaurant there and it's wonderful.  Also a nice 'pub' area.

Count me in at Romaizan.

well well well...i see things moving in the right direction now...finally! but i hope it happens after may starts as i will not be in riyadh till then

A cab from the city to Rumaizan may cost a few bucks alright since its located on the northern end of the ring road. Surely, someone can olunteer to give some of the group a ride?

people can join me...thru that i will too have company for the ride...sad part is my car can accommodate only 3 more people apart from me...

dont u hv a boot?

lol...dont want to get into troubles for carrying a dead body in my trunk ;)....dont have much doors in my car actually