Dutch Girl looking for information about Thailand/ Bangkok

He,

My name is Liesbeth. I start following classes at International universty of Bangkok next schoolyear.

I am very currius about Bangkok and Thailand and seeking information about I dont know :P

Also, How it is to walk around as a European girl, is it safe? Or should i stay locked up at my room after 6 pm:P

Please reply when you think I have valled infromation or would like to talk about other relevant stuff.

In my opinion its safe to walk the street but like any large city in the world there are area's you should avoid late at night.  I think if you choose a place to live within a short walk to sky train you will have no problems.

I would not think as Bangkok being less safe than Amsterdam for example. There are certain rules that you should consider for every large city in the world. If you stay in popular areas where many people walk around, you should be safe even after midnight.

hi Liesbeth,

which university you will study? Bangkok university? :)

Safety always depends on personal behavior and actions. Enjoy your time in Thailand and take common sense precautions.

It depend more on the areas similarly to other city. Enjoy your life over here.

Real life is actually starting in the evening! Night markets, people eating after work, so it will be crowded just about anywhere in the centre.  Just stay where more people are and you should be fine. When you are by yourself don't wear expensive (looking) jewelry and leave your golden teeth at home (joking...).  In fact, leave all of your shiny jewelry at home (NL), one thing less to worry about.

really its safe in bangkok if you keep yourself  from attracting thai males in a drunken state

Hi I'm Ronnie,bangkok is rather safe as long as you do not get into bad company.if you liked,we could be friends.[moderated: no free ads] thanks and hope to see you.

hi

i just moved here from malaysia

when will u arrive in bangkok?

lee