Mums in Rio!

Hi Mums,

I have just moved to Rio with my husband and am 34 weeks pregnant. We will be having our baby here and was wondering does anyone have any information on the best hospital to have a natural birth here and about the costs. I've read a few scary stories about doctors pushing C-Sections and don't want this to happen to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated. We are living in Ipanema.

Thanks Audrey  :)

If you have Facebook join the Rio Babies 2015/16 group. They have a lot of information on doctors and hospitals.  Plus they do mommy meet ups. I live half my life in Rio and the other half in Las Vegas.  :) I'm 25 weeks pregnant.

Thanks Jenna, I'll try join that fb group now. Are you having your baby here or in the states?

Hi Audrey
Im Irish also and just had my second child here in Rio a week and a half ago. Where are you based? I'd be happy to meet with you and share my experience.
My email: [email protected]
Niamh

Congrats on your new baby.. I'll send you an email, would be great to meet up :)

I'm going to have him in the states. It was stressing me out thinking about having him in Rio. Mainly just about the language barrier.  My husband is brazilian but I'm still learning.  I have a 2 year old that knows more portuguese than me. Ha ha!  I think we will be back in Rio in April. The FB group has a lot of info.  They have a list of doctors that have been confirmed to do natural birth.  They even have a hospital that has a bath if you want to go the water birth. :)

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for all the info. I've been getting recommendations off all the girls on the fb site. Thanks for telling me about that, it's brilliant :) I didn't realise how expensive it would be here to get a private hospital and doctor for the birth. Everything in Ireland for pregnant women is free, so I've had a little shock and nearly given my husband a heart attack ; ) We really had no clue. Anyway best of luck with the birth and hopefully we can meet up when you get back from the states.

Audrey :)