Hello, British Girl moving to SHARM in August 2013 for a long duration

If anybody has any questions or wants to make new friends message me. I have a lot of friends in Sharm British and Egyptian... I have also worked in Sharm before as an animator in a hotel. I am a nurse in England and I am wanting to find a nursing job in Sharm. I am not interested in how bad the salary is, i just love nursing! :) I speak simple Arabic and English.

[Moderated: Avoid posting personal information on a public forum]

[moderated: off topic]

hi there ,may be i can help a little,if you are intersted in nursing in cairo ,send me your cv ,my mail is [email protected] good luck

Hello

May I ask why Sharm and not Hurghada?
Have you considered living with a partner?
You could probably help each other find jobs and share rent or the purchase price of a property or even start a business together. It should make things easier for both, especially if he/she are sincere, Arabic speaking and reasonably well off.

Samy

'living with a partner ' - typical response from a male of this population.

Maybe you may want to wait to burn all your boats until the june 30th demo's / new revolution have taken place - there may be no tourists at all if that all kicks off again

This is typical title that will  draw man's 'virgin' post. And Three men in a row! All from different country! I suddenly don't feel bad about myself anymore.
If you want make new friends, I suggest put your photo on.  I'm sure there are lots people want to    make friend  with you.

[Moderated: Off topic]

Photo uploaded thanks. does any body know any information about long term working visas xxx

there are no such things as long term working visas
your work visa / permit must come through your employer - you need blood tests, signed copies of the contracts and attested certificates and letters of experience (that sort of thing - all authenticated and stamped)
if you are lucky the work permit will be for one year - if not so lucky, for 6 months.

As Biffy said, there is no such thing as long-term ...in Egypt.

If you are looking for, let's say a 3 years contract you need to hold a degree and apply for positions advertised internationally by major recruiting agency, bayt.com ; monsterJobs etc.

You might be interviewed abroad or over the phone.

Nobody else, except major corporation can afford to hire foreigners and sponsor your permit in the current political and financial climate in Egypt.

Even English teachers are having tough times. Some years ago one could teach by being a native speaker, then the stake was hired to TESOL certification, then degree holder, nowadays you need a M.Ed or PGCE if you want a descent job and your residence permit.

Good morning:
My name is dr Ashraf. I am aphysician. I have been worked before in sharm elsheikh as an emergency doctor in aprivate hospital & in some large hotels. Now iam in cairo finishing my masters degree. I don't know what questions you would like to ask about.I am ready to help you.
Hope to hear from you soon
yours : Ashraf

Hi I'm also hoping to move to Sharm in nov do I need a work permit at all do you no ? Many thanks Tracey .

OMG - the creepies are starting to crawl out of the woodwork - people will never learn!!

Hahahahaha!!!!! I was wondering how long before you commented Biffy..   I too was thinking the very same thing.

..... well I don't know which is worse right now - people perving on this forum - or reading the 'i want to move to sharm / hurghada' (youraelf excepted!!)

the tourism industry is at its lowest ebb for many years - and depending on how the events over the coming days go - will get worse.
he only toursists that are in any kind of numbers still are eastern europeans - so unless you can speak russian etc, then you are stuck for jobs.

The life in EGypt is going to get tougher anyway - even if the president stays.

The sun sea and sand cannot compensate for everything

Hahaha!!! I know what you mean.  You can't decide to move to egypt for just the sun,sand,and sea!!!  Although some do and that's where they become unstuck if they don't have work, because there is no welfare system to fall back on unlike the UK when times are hard.

I have seen lot's of young girls come on holiday to Egypt,stay in a hotel, get taken in by an egyptian guy and that's it they want to come and live happily ever after, only to find out the hard way, it just isn't as simple as that.

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Post in the Housing in Sharm el Sheikh section. Please. Thanks.]

hi how are you

Hello ramazotti --> an introduction may be :rolleyes:

no job - no work permit - the people who employ you need to apply for the work permit - and you have to be here to complete as you have to have a blood test.

Good luck :)

hi ,,i am in sharm now to contact me my no is 01203444721 call and we can enjoy

That's funny

What a daysssssss :)