Cable Providers in Mauritius

Hi Guys and Girls,

Would anybody recommend DSTv? Is it true and you have to buy the dish at around Rs.14k?

Looking forward to your advice and feedback.

Regards,

Shameem

Hello Shameem and welcome to the forum
I've got Canal+ and to be honest it's a bit poo specially with all the progs being in french. Sounds so wrong when watching discovery channels.
I'm looking at DSTV as well and you'll find all the details of the packages on facebook.com/dstvmauritius

Not sure about the cost of the dish so you'll have to give them a ring to find out.
Let us know how you get on. I'm waiting for my subscription with Canal+ to end before I can take DSTV.

How's the transition from old blightly going? Driving yet?

Hi Spangles,

Thanks for the info. I did speak to the representative who mentioned the price of the dish. However, a couple of my colleagues who also have DSTv never bought their dish!! One can only assume there has been a change in DSTv's policy recently.

They have an outlet at Intermart in Bagatelle so maybe they can advise whether you have to buy a dish or if they sell second hand ones. To honest Rs.14k for a dish is pricey.

The transition is going well. The driving certainly needs adjusting to.

I'll keep you posted once I get the info from the DSTv outlet.

Cheers,

A lot of my friends have DSTV and from what I have heard its not that great either